Cystitis when ttc

fxmummyduck

Reaction score
Hi ladies, me and dh have been ttc#2 June to September and then due to some difficult dates if we were to catch we have taken 2 cycles off. Waiting for af to arrive in about 10 days time and then we'll be trying again!

I'm really excited but a bit worried as I had almost constant cystitis with all the constant bding. It was horrible and I actually ended up glad for a break.

What can I do to prevent it happening again ttc? We're both very clean in that department , I drink cranberry juice everyday and go empty my bladder after I've laid down for a bit. I had to buy azo pills to treat it and I have some left but I'd rather prevent it happening.

Any advice? I don't want it to detract from ttc :( would something like pre seed help? Maybe it was all the friction?

Thank you!

Pre seed might help you can get cranberry pills if you dont want the juice but loads of water

Thanks ms sunshine, where can you get cranberry pills? Probably better than having all the sugar in the juice.
Going to try the pre seed too!

Cystitis is a common problem which affects about half of all women at some point in their lives. Some women experience episodes of cystitis frequently and may need regular or long-term treatment. In pregnancy it is more common because of hormonal changes and it can come back even after treatment. So you need follow some simple tricks to deal with such as avoid caffeinated product, alcohol, unsweetened juices like cranberry, sugary foods and eat bio live yoghurt's. Use cotton underwear and keep clothes loose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->