D&C help...?

TraceC

Pregnant 1st Trimester
Reaction score
We found out on Wednesday that our baby had passed about either the pervious Dat or Sun, and I still haven't passed it. Have appointment with my Dr Monday and if I haven't passed Bubby by then I'm off to get the Operation on Wednesday. I'm a bit scared cause I don't know what to expect after I come too. Are you in much pain, do you bleed much or is it more discomfort???? How long did it take you to recover?

I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

I was lucky in that I didn't bleed very much at all after the procedure, they really cleaned me out in there I guess. Some ladies do have quite a bit of bleeding.

My pain was moderate, I took the meds they gave me as and when I felt I needed it, about 5 days after the op I had a really bad evening of cramping pain but it got better after that.

Most of my pain came from the laparoscopy site, though, so if you're having a straightforward ERPC (aka D&C) then hopefully it won't be as much.

*hugs* again, I'm sorry you're having to go through this.

So sorry for your loss.
I had a d &c at 10-11 weeks at the end of march. The op itself was fine, i was in and out in 5 hours. i had only a little bit of pain that day and bleeding for two days after. Then i was fine. I did get an infection 5 days after but i think that is rare. My first period was exactly 26 days after the op and was quite short and not painful. As for recovery time my body healed very quickly but mentally it took a few weeks but i think that is down to hormones. I have mostly good days now.
Sorry you are having to go through this. Hope it goes well. X

Hello TrayeC, Im so sorry for you loss adn what you are going through.
I had an ERPC which is slightly different to a DC, at 12+1 weeks. I woke up to feeling very upset and empty, that was worse than the pain. They looked after me very well in hospital but I only needed cocodamol which is a codine and paracetamol mix (not that strong). The next few days at home I bled only a lightly and the pain was easily knocked on the head with paracetamol and ibuprofen. I took 2 weeks off for emotional reasons which were worse than the pain.
I wish you the best of luck for the next few weeks, and there is a network of support on here if you need it.

so sorry you have to go through this :hugs:
i had an ERPC at 7w, and apart from feeling very sad i was absolutely fine. only bled for 1/2 a day and teh pain was minor (just took paracetamol or ibuprofen)
hope all goes well :hugs:

hi hun firstly i just wanted to say so sorry for ur loss,i went thru this back in 1998,i was a scared to start of with going down to theatre because like you i didnt kno what to expect,once they gave me the injection i knew nothing till they were waking me up,i cant remember being in any pain,but i did bleed quite a bit for a day or 2,then it was just like a period,sending lots of hugs ur way:hugs:(i was 16 weeks)

Hi hun,
I'm sorry for your loss.
I was happily pregnant and went in for my 12 week US, they couldn't find a heartbeat turns out my baby died at 8 weeks 2 days. I was heart broken. I didn't have any bleeding or crampying so I wasn't expecting it at all. I'm only 25 and very healthy so I just didn't think it'd happen to me.
I had a D&C at 13 weeks (obviously my body did not want to give my baby up on its own). The procedure was fine, I was terrified going in. I cried in the theater- more for the loss of my baby than the worry of the op. But everything went well and I woke up a few hours later and got to lay in recovery with my DH holding my hand and wiping my tears.
It's a lot harder emotionally than physically. It was so hard to accept that my baby was gone- all the potenial, the dreams I had for my baby, just gone.
I think you'll be fine if you have to have the D&C, but it might take you more time to heal from the loss, but the op will be ok. Good luck xx
lots of hugs

Sorry for your loss TraceC.:hugs:

I had a D&C at 10wks after a US showed the baby had stopped growing at 7wks. It was day surgery, I went in at 2pm and was discharged home at about 6ish. It was pretty scary while I waited for my turn in the theatre. I woke up crying which surprised me. I am not sure what will happen at the hospital you are going to but I had to stay in recovery for a fairly long time (my BP was low and they were worried) by myself. I wasn't able to have my DH hold my hand like someone else has said. I had some bleeding (fairly light) for a day or two. I had some pain but that was mostly wind related for a few days after and pretty managable.

Hope it all goes well. :hugs:

Thank you ladies for sharing your experinces with me. I had been feeling fine and dealing with the emotional part...but as time ticks closer to the Operation I'm finding I am starting to feel more and more upset about bub. We have a rough few years, and I think I have reached breaking point. My DH was incarerated for a year, so I had to stay strong then and get him through that then be the strong one when he first got out and help him readjust to normality again, he's only been out for 6 months and this has happened. The thought of us falling pregnant is what got both of us through that time apart. He doesn't know how to grieve and I'm not sure I know how to help him through this one. I think I might seek counsiling for both of us after I've had the operation. And I am thinking of stopping work for a while. I had to work two jobs to get us through when he was away, so i am just drained! And he is still looking for work at the moment, but I just feel that I think I need time away from working, and reconnect with me as a person with emotions.

Anyways thanks for all your support, and I am truly sorry that you have all had to experince loss. Many Blessings to you all xx

Hi Trace. Thinking of you and so sorry to hear about your loss. I experienced a loss in January at 11+2 and did not pass naturally so I had a D&C. I only bled for about 12 hrs after the procedure and was in pain at that time but it subsided within the first day or so after the procedure. Like many others have said, the emotional pain is much more significant than the physical pain but take comfort in those around you and your friends here at BnB.

Thinking of you!

Thanks Hun, well I'm all booked in for a D&C on Wednesday. Was scared about it, but now I feel fine. Its a common surgery and so many women have it done, so looking forward to having it done and moving on towards my first period! Who would of thought you could be so excited about AF showing up lol. I'm so lucky that my own DR is doing it, its just a peice of mind, as he has been my Dr throughout the whole ordeal, and I'm looking forward to the day when he delivers my future baby into the world :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->