D&C or wait?

Happily287

Reaction score
I am going through my first miscarriage (about 6 weeks) and don't know exactly what to expect. At this point I have come to terms with the loss but now I am scared to death of what's to come. I was hoping I could get some advise and opinions on which way is emotionally/physically easier.

some people its really easy, hardly any cramps and just a heavey period..other feel bad pain bordering on a mild contraction with back pain heavy period type with lots of clots...everyone is different though..

im sorry...

Thanks for responding, I had an ultrasound yesterday to make sure it wasn't ectopic and there was a sac with no egg or yolk in it. Then I had my HcG levels checked again today and I am all the way down to 205. Still no heavy bleeding or pains at all. My doctors have been less than helpful and that is putting it nicely. I guess I'm just waiting now.

I am one of those who just KNEW I would not do DC unless no other option. I NEEDED to be at home and go this at my own pace. I was 9 weeks. Had gone to ER few days before to confirm what I thought, that there was no HB.

For me it was not so much pain as pressure. I knew it was coming and only pain was right before sac/baby came and the placenta few hours later. It was not bad at all pain wise for me. I was thankful to be at home and in shower right before baby came and able to shower after when I was ready and to just sit on toilet while alot came out. I REALLY feel that it helped sitting and rocking a bit.

I had a MMC, and only passed it at 13/14 weeks but embryo and sac measured around six weeks - so not directly comparable, but close.
I have had no pain at all - barely even mild cramping. Things have happened in phases, with times where I've passed large amounts of material and times where things have eased right off - all over the course of a week.
Most everything has happened when I've been on the toilet.
I haven't needed painkillers at all.
I don't think any of these options are easier than the other - they're both very hard in different ways, or were for me in any case.
Sorry for your loss x

there all hard, it sucks that any of us need to go through it..

its nice to have someplace to go to talk about it..i still get started and then stop :(

I am going through my first miscarriage (about 6 weeks) and don't know exactly what to expect. At this point I have come to terms with the loss but now I am scared to death of what's to come. I was hoping I could get some advise and opinions on which way is emotionally/physically easier.

In the end it's up to you, but I vote doing the D&C. I think it's easier all the way around. I started miscarrying the night before my procedure. It was so pain and traumatizing. I was crying, throwing up, and in severe pain.

I got the D&C in the morning (this morning actually), and it was not bad at all. I was terrified of anesthesia, since they use a very light general anesthetic. I cried to the nurses and doctors, but once they gave me medication to calm down, I feel amazing. I've never been high, but I imagine that its what it felt like. :winkwink:

It was over quick, and now I'm at home. Whole thing, including preparation, took about 3-4 hours. The procedure was about 15-20 minutes. Now my body is comfortable, and I can concentrate on my emotions. I think that's easier.

But consider the other ways. I was 11 1/2 weeks. I have heard its more pain when you are further along. I felt like I went through labor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->