D&V bug and low supply

Lizzybee

Mom to 1, StepMum to 1
Reaction score
Saturday both me a lo had d&v. I couldn't keep anything down and all he wanted was bf. I desperately tried to stay hydrated but couldn't keep up with him. Today he was fine and eating solids and taking water while I was still starving myself because I still felt ill. Now I feel loads better but he is frustrated tonight because I don't have much milk.
Please tell me this is temporary. He is 6.5 months old and I am determined to keep bf going til he's 1.

Me and DD1 have just got over a tummy bug. I couldn't keep anything down at first and was feeling dehydrated, LO was nursing a lot more than usual (I guess because my supply was low) but seemed OK so I just kept going and it seems to be back to normal after a few days.

Not my finest hour puking in a jug on one side while feeding LO on the other side :(

I found eating ice chips helped me keep at least some water down :thumbup:

I had a gastro bug a couple I weeks back and my supply took a slight hit too. It jumped right back up though after a couple of days! Right back to milk-leaky fullness, yay. Just nurse often and I think you'll be fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->