dads seeing kids

ablaze

lucky mum of one of each!
Reaction score
initially me and darrens agreement was he would watch them when i was working...

thus being:

he would pick them up monday and wednesday and watch them saturdays...

now hes so bloody unrelible im picking them up from nursery and hes only seeing them sat! an he says its my problem??!!

how did everyone get past this>?

It's your problem that he isn't seeing his kids? Well,yeah...it is your problem,it could easily be solved if he could just...ummmm,I don't know,pick up his kids!

Me and her dad don't have any kind of agreement,for the first year till I'm on mat leave and doing my schoolwork from home,I guess he can come and see her anytime he wants,after that,when I go back to work and back to my courses,we'll reach some kind of agreement so he could pick her up from the nursery or something....

Kayleigh's dad used to do this all the time Yvanne. He'd often not pick her up when he said he would, and twice I went to drop her off at his and he was in bed hungover!!!! On one occasion I drove 80 miles to his house when she was 6 so he could have her for a week during the school holidays, and he wasn't even there! I had to drive 80 miles back again and take the week off work unpaid.:hissy:

Unfortunately, Kayleigh is now 15 and stubborn. She hasn't spoke to him for 3 months, and hasn't seen him for a year.

Maybe tell Darren this.......? Kids work things out soon enough.:hugs:

as selfish as it sounds im doing it my way! ive let him try doing it his way and its not working!

he can see them every saturday wen im working(may i add for convenience i allow him to do this in MY house!)

and if he wants to see them during week its overnight!

sick of him calling out the blue and "feeling like" seeing kids! funnily enuff i have a life too! and am not dropping my plans once again for him!

Not good to be let down as he is - hes playing with he income that provides for the kids too because you becoming stuck for the kids welfare whist you earn a wage.

Think yoru terms, your home sounds l ike a good plan for now at least its when your free, kids and you aren't left in limbo and if he doesn't turn up they are with you! Hope he sorts himself out!

x

I hope he sorts himself out hun. Its not fair on you or your kids to be treat like that.

xxx

Dont think you are doing anything unreasonable at all! Every opportuity should be made to enable children to see their dads but if they cant be arsed then what are you supposed to do!! Of course you have plans and a life too and cant be expected to drop them just because he 'feels' like getting involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->