Dairy-free formula?

Discussion in 'Formula Feeding' started by Sarah+, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Sarah+

Sarah+ Well-Known Member

My LO has one bottle a day and is breastfed for the other feeds at this stage (soon to be more bottles). He has reflux and I'm going to try a dairy-free diet, which means I'll need a dairy-free formula. Any recommendations? Does it have to be soy or are there other options? Thanks :)

2. Jkelmum

Jkelmum Well-Known Member

baby soya milk ? a few brands make it

3. Sarah+

Sarah+ Well-Known Member

There are about 5-6 soy-based brands availble here, it's becoming quite popular. Wondering how people have found them

4. kirsten1985

kirsten1985 Guest

We use Wysoy, have done since Freya was about 2 weeks old. I wanted to BF but couldn't and I am dairy intolerant, so I didn't want to put her though drinking normal formula if she might be the same as me, and I don't like the idea of cows milk anyway. I will be keeping her off dairy 'til she is one, at least. I don't think dairy is necessary anyway.

It has worked well for us, it can make them a bit constipated, so we offer water occasionally, she either takes it or doesn't and now we are weaning are offering plenty of fruit and veg.

We don't get it on prescription as I would have to put Freya on cows milk formula for a couple of weeks to see if she had a reaction, but I don't want to do that to her. It is pricey though, so I'm looking forward to her drinking less.

Any questions, feel free to PM me.

:)

5. Jemma_x

Jemma_x Mummy and Engaged

Connor is on neocate as he has an allergy but this is only available on perscribtion but i do know there are a few soya milks you can buy from supermarkets