Daisy Has Colic :o(

taperjeangirl

Reaction score
:cry:

It's so upsetting seeing her cry in pain :sad1:
All started yesterday when she was crying uncontrollably and OH couldn't settle her but she seemed to stop every time I took her so OH got quite upset by this thinking Daisy didn't like him, poor OH!

We took turns with her last night and she slept on OH while he was in an upright position, so we are both pretty knackered!

Such a shame because she is usually such a good sleeper, she had just moved onto hungrier babies milk so I have stopped that and will use Aptamil easy digest til we get over this (hopefully we will)

I'm off to try and get some ironing done while she is asleep! Midnight and I'm ironing! Have to though or we will soon run out of clothes!:blush:

Hope you and all your LO's are fine xxxxx :hugs:

awww hunny i'm really sorry to hear that, hope your LO gets better soon it normaly doesnt last to long, so hope it doesnt for you guys, just remember dont get stressed i know some times when jack is crying and crying i tend to get stressed but just keep in your mind its becuase shes not well,

Aw hunni i feel your pain, Jacob has been like this from word go!

Easy digest milk is the way to go only prob is it goes through him quicker so he has to be feed every 2-3 hours HV says its normal with these milks as there's not much to them :dohh: but if it eases him a little then it has to be done.

Also go your doc and ask for colief on prescibtion it helps break down the food as well so it doesnt sit in there gut to long.

And Gripe water just to help bring up any trapped wind as because thier guts are sensitive any trapped wind aggravates it so best trying to get it ALL out before lying them down....i know easier said than done but ive found i can sit with jacob for 30 mins after a feed screaming and finally just when i think nothing is working a MASSIVE burp and he will settle a bit :)

Hope it eases hunni:) XXXXX

:hugs: Oh,I'm sorry...

I can't suggest anything that Ema hasn't already...

Awww hun I really sympathise with you... Rihanna had it real bad a few weeks back and I was sat crying with her some nights/early hours cos i feel so helpless.

Dentinox as really helped her and I put it in every other feed. Infacol didnt work for us.

x

same here hun your not alone mines all day and all night seems to be getting worse not better, the only thing that works for me is holding her all day spoiling i know butif it gives her some relief ill do anything take care hun

:hug:

really know what you are going through. Ali (13 weeks old now) suffered from terrible wind. he would only sleep for an hour at a time and most of the night was spent with him screaming in pain. didn't find HV or doctor much use either!!!!

fourtunatley he has grown out of it now.....colic improves with age so by 2.5 months the worst is over i would say (well, in our experience that is when it got better for ali).

baths are really good for easing the belly as is rocking baby in your arms when stading up and generally changing their position as much as possible. also smaller feeds rather than trying to get lots of milk down baby at one time.

:hugs:

Christine
XX

big :hug: i know how hard it gets charlie is 6 months and still has a bit of colic but he had it really bad and it has got loads better. Try infacol and gripe water, colief is suppose to be brill but is 10 pound a bottle and at my doctors they dont prescribe it. Try different winding positions, lying your LO on front on your lap and rub back whilst jiggling legs up and down helped charlie get his wind out and sitting up right on your lap and moving LO in a circular movement helped us , also lifting the legs up towards there belly usually gets some wind out. We had a bouncer and a swing which helps them sleep better when there coliky . Hope she gets better soon for you xx xx

oh i forgot to say baby massage helps too ! and like christine said baths are great expecially before bed

Swaddling in a cellular blanket whilst rocking & bouncing worked a treat for Jack - along with white noise when he was sleeping in bed:hugs:

oh sweetie i feel your pain to be up at midnight an ironing not good when you should be getting your beauty sleep, lol
Just try to ask your doctor or see your pharmacist and see if they can recommend something to help with the colic - hugs and more hugs for you

Thank you all so much for your advice and hugs!

Daisy seems to be alot better, she still has a couple of colicy moments but nowhere near as bad as it was.

Thanks girls :hugs:!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"