Damaged game from Ebay

Mummytobe85

Reaction score
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone can help me???? i purchased a Wii Game off Ebay for my husband's early birthday present! i ordered it a week before i was intending to give it to him!!

The seller described the game as used but in good condition and on his previous games that he sold, he got all good comments and feedback!!

Anyway we inserted it into the Wii and the game loaded with an error!! on further inspection we saw a visible scratch right down the middle of the game!! i then contacted the seller telling him the above!!

He then insisted that when he posted the game it was working on his Wii and how comes it took a week etc to get in contact with him and accuses me of scratching it and is refusing to give us a refund grrrrrrrr.

I wrote to him numerous times complaining and even stated that our other games do work on our Wii!!! anyway i opened a complaint via Ebay and they have given us till the 29th if a resolution is not decided!!

My husband said that there's a chance that we wont get our money back!!! if he has good feedback from his other purchases...do i let him get away with it? or keep fighting to get our money back although it was only £12.50.

Im just so angry right now :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

you will get your money back. ebay normally side with the buyer :)

You stick to your guns, it's terrible that it has a scratch down it! I'm sure all will work out, I agree with cherry - ebay do tend to side with the buyer. I don't know who would really buy a game just to scratch it and then complain, when the game wasn't all that pricey to start with?! So definitely keep at it x

you will get your money back hun dont worry about you will probs have to send the game back to the seller though before gthey will refund you i would make sure you send it back by recorded delivery incase he tries to pull a fats one and say he hasnt reciebed it :)

If you cant get your money back, take it to Game or Gamestation and they can put it in a machine and do a scratch clean and that normally works its only a couple of quid x

Open a not as described case through ebay. Explain the situation through there and ebay will probably side with you. Sometimes they don't even make you send it back, I won a not as described case recently for a digital photo frame (the seller had lied in the listing about it having internal memory) and ebay fully refunded me - postage and all - and I got to keep it! :dance:

If this happens like Kielee said it's worth taking it to the game shop, HMV have those machines too. I think they charge a couple of quid to use their machine to get rid of scratches for you.

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->