Dark brown/maroon discharge (really long and possible tmi sorry )

rosegarden620

Reaction score
So, the first week and a half of knowing I was pregnant were great. No trace of blood. Just one single reddish mucousy small incident right around 8dpo. Then that was it.

We had sex early on no problem. Then we tried it (4w1d-ish) there was small spotting, light light pink for a couple hours afterwards that was gone by the next morning. Only when I wiped long enough.

Then on 4w5d I was spotting for no reason it seemed like though looking back I had used the bathroom (bowel movement ) and was dragging a heavy box. I was using The bathroom and it was there pink mixed in with creamy thick cm, there was an incident with watery red on the tp. Went to the ER where the doc told me: cervix was closed, gestational sac was where it was supposed to be, the cervix looked really red and irritated, and my hcg levels were 3117. So things looked great despite it was early. No restrictions.

The rest of the day there was no spotting at all since the incident earlier, even though there was some when they did the translational ultrasound. But it ended quickly. (Nothing ever on panties only wen I wipe and not every time I use the bathroom)

Next day, nothing. By nothing I mean discharge came and went with no signs of blood.

Day after oral sex, intense orgasm and 8 hours or so later pink when I wipe (sometimes).

Now dh and I wonder if it's sex related (cervix related).

Another day and no mis colored cm. No signs of blood.

Yesterday, we have sex. VERY gently. Barely the head in (sorry if tmi) bc we want to see if an orgasm makes me spot, since we initially thought it was just penetration....

I go to the bathroom everything comes out as normal, and then at the very end there is creamy thick cm with a maroon dark brown discoloration to it. It was only in a portion of the cm and that was it.... No more pink or brown or any traces of blood. Normal Creamy cm throughout the day.

Today: bowel movement and the exact situation as the afternoon before. Nothing after.

Ugh

Wtf. Is my cervix just that sensitive???

What's with the dark brown maroon stuff?? It almost gives a mucus plug appearance.

Sorry for the tmi and novel but I feel so sad bc of t now. I'm not even hungry any more bc now I feel my appetite has gone.

Just the kind words and experiences please.

Love-
Jenny

I should also add that I have no cramping. Some twinges here and there, but not uterine cramping. My breasts are so painful at the moment. I mean really aside from the incidences I feel pretty pregnant.

Jenny, sounds relatively normal to me. I had some spotting after doing some very heavy lifting. But at this time in pregnancy the cervix is highly vascular and engorged with blood, and I've heard many ladies say after sex, transvaginal ultrasounds and heavy lifting or bowel movements they bleed, and have been told it's nothing to worry about.

If it would make you feel better maybe call your doctor and see what they say, you should never be afraid to call and ask them about symptoms. Try not to worry too much hun ( I know easier said than done!) and good luck to you!!

It sounds normal to me, as others have said it sounds like you just have a sensitive cervix. If you're really worried maybe you could stop having sex for now and see if that stops the spotting. I had bleeding on several occasions in my first pregnancy and early on in this pregnancy. It was bright red and quite heavy. Both times everything has turned out fine. If it's really light I'd guess it was nothing to sorry about but definitely get checked out if it would put your mind at rest.

I know it's scary Rosegarden, but I definitely agree w the other posters, it shouldn't be anything wrong. I've actually bright red bleeding after DTD, which everyone swears is the worst thing ever, I even passes a clot that next day w/ that maroonish/brownish color bleed following, and I took it to my midwife personally (tmi)!! All in all my little peanut's fine. I know you probably got all the reassurance you need but I just wanted to share my experience and tell you my fingers are crossed for you, and I wish you luck hun:hugs:

I know it's scary Rosegarden, but I definitely agree w the other posters, it shouldn't be anything wrong. I've actually bright red bleeding after DTD, which everyone swears is the worst thing ever, I even passes a clot that next day w/ that maroonish/brownish color bleed following, and I took it to my midwife personally (tmi)!! All in all my little peanut's fine. I know you probably got all the reassurance you need but I just wanted to share my experience and tell you my fingers are crossed for you, and I wish you luck hun:hugs:

Thank you so much for your kind words!

I had a sensitive cervix with my son that brought on spotting with sex and bowel movements. it was scary but he is here and perfect. Try to not worry, especially with your reassuring trip to the emergency room. I know it's difficult because I freaked and cried every single time I bled with him. Bleeding isn't exactly normal, but it is common, and what.you're describing just sounds like a really sensitive cervix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->