Dark orange urine at 35 weeks??

Sophie_1990

Reaction score
First off Hi everyone! I am new to this site.. my name is Sophie, 25 years old and I am currently 35 weeks with my first baby, a litte boy :happydance:

Anywayy my question may sound a tad yucky but has anyone else experienced very dark orange urine at around this time 35 weeks?? I have heard it could be down to being de-hydrated but I actually drink loads! including just still bottled water, I always have even before being pregnant. The last two times I have been to see my midwife they have done the urine test thingy and they have come back absolutley fine. But today it was a different midwife who I hadn't seen before and when she saw my sample she really looked down her nose at me and said " Have you not been drinking???" in a very patronising way which really annoyed me, it was like she was accusing me or something. Anyway once again the test came back with no problems. So what else could the orangeyness mean??

Thank you in advance for any replies :) x

Are you taking any medications or vitamins that could affect it?

Hi Sophie, I had the same as you and it turned out that I had elevated liver enzymes. I also had other symptoms however and I was very poorly. Still am. Do you have any other symptoms? If you're concerned, speak to your GP x

Did they test for a kidney infection by chance?

Button#- I am taking iron tablets but have recently decreased the dosage.. but would have thought the midwifes would of said something if they thought the two could be related..

Jem_x3 - Oh right ok..Can I ask which other symptoms? Only things I have apart from the urine is feeling really tired all the time ( but i'm guessing thats normal later on in pregnancy), mood swings, plus a bit of heartburn.

Thank you both for the replies.

What time of day did you do the test? Was it earlier than usual? I'm generally really well hydrated from drinking water all day, but if my midwife visit is first thing, my urine is usually on the dark side because I haven't had a chance to rehydrate after sleeping. If it's dark all day long, I'd push the midwife to look into it a little harder.

Hi Sophie, I had the same as you and it turned out that I had elevated liver enzymes. I also had other symptoms however and I was very poorly. Still am. Do you have any other symptoms? If you're concerned, speak to your GP x

I was thinking the same. I also have elevated liver enzymes and bile acids that turned out to be cholestasis. That can cause urine to be dark/orange. Are you itchy at all, op?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->