Dates and movement

Moonbeam1

Reaction score
2nd baby and no idea on lmp due to irregular cycle.

According to clear blue test I am about 6 weeks, my midwife based only on when I began feeling sick thinks I am 7-8 weeks so will have 12 week scan in the new year.

The last few days I have been feeling what I'm pretty certain is movement (not gas!) although I do keep questioning myself and thinking its in my head!

Is it possible that my dates are wrong?

Thought the clear blue was right as the first few tests I did were cheaper ones and did show very very faint lines which have got darker over time!

Any advice would be appreciated thanks

What did the clear blue say? Those are so inaccurate, and the faint lines could be hook effect if you are farther along.. same with the clear blue.. I would request a scan since you don't know lmp, going off of morning sickness is also inaccurate as people get symptoms at different times... I would request a scan and/or hcg bloodwork!!! Good luck hun keep us updated!!!

Hey,
clear blue said 1-2 weeks about 2 weeks ago when I took it.
Seeing my midwife on 17th so was going to talk to her then but I'm away from 19th december till new year so don't think they will fit me in for a scan....
Did think about ringing her but happy to wait in case I am wrong!

I haven't had period since miscarriage in summer. 10/10 I got a clear blue 1-2 weeks. Following week a scan I got 3-4 weeks. Then two weeks later I jumped to 7w1d. I have my 12 week scan om Monday. I feel I may be a week or two more. At scan they said my bladder wasn't full to push baby forward for good date. In a way I want to know. But it also nice not knowing

When I took my test, it said 1-2 wks on the digi and when I went in for a scan, almost 5 weeks later, I was 2 days shy of 8 weeks, so when I got my BFP, I was VERY early on. I started getting sick at 5 weeks, was in the ER for dehydration (from too much vomiting) at 7 weeks. Still feeling sick now, so I wouldn't base it off sickness. Could you get a private scan just to put your mind at ease?

2nd baby and no idea on lmp due to irregular cycle.

According to clear blue test I am about 6 weeks, my midwife based only on when I began feeling sick thinks I am 7-8 weeks so will have 12 week scan in the new year.

The last few days I have been feeling what I'm pretty certain is movement (not gas!) although I do keep questioning myself and thinking its in my head!

Is it possible that my dates are wrong?

Thought the clear blue was right as the first few tests I did were cheaper ones and did show very very faint lines which have got darker over time!

Any advice would be appreciated thanks

things are moving up and changing and it can make you feel as if you feel the baby but at 7 weeks its way to early to feel the baby..its to small deep inside behind the pelvic wall and very very tiny..

what your feeling is your body moving everything up and possibly gas...

:)

unless you are further along...

edid u have an hcg done at all?

I agree that you should probably see if you can get a dating scan, as going off tests and nausea aren't very reliable signs.

With regards to movement, I agree with the pp in that it is still a little early for feeling baby's movements. They're so tiny still at 7 weeks and can only really arch their backs and heads. They have little leg and arm buds, with little paddles on the end, but these aren't really able to move yet. The muscles in them twitch, but there's no real movement in them.

Sometimes gas really does feel like a baby though! After I had my son and knew what early baby movements felt like, I would occasionally feel something that felt identical to those early movements. I wasn't pregnant and must have been experiencing gas bubbles, but the sensation was identical to a baby moving inside me. I loved the experience as it reminded me of those first gentle little jabs that were my son's first movements. I love that part of pregnancy!

I didn't feel proper movements with my son until 19 weeks due to having an anterior placenta, so I don't expect to feel anything with this one until after 15 weeks or more, but I know some women feel movements as early as 12/13 weeks.

xx

Sorry on late reply!

Never known a midwife date it on sickness before but she did so I just did not question it!

Know if I'm as far along as predicted it won't be movement I have been feeling! Did not feel anything yesterday either! Just what I did feel for a few days was just like the first movements I felt with my daughter! Who knows!

Would like a earlier dating scan done but I do not really feel I can ask my midwife, and if I do very much doubt she will agree to it!

Getting a fetal Doppler in the next few days so will see if I can hear a heartbeat which if the dates are correct do not think I should!

Thanks for the replies! Will keep u updated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->