Dating Scan Experiences

clairelouise.

Reaction score
Hello!

I was just wondering what everyone's experience with their dating scan has been like and where you are based?

I'm based in East Kilbride and have my dating scan tomorrow at Hairmyres Hospital. I'm around 13 weeks and I'm really excited to see little bub! :yipee:

I'm not quite sure what it entails, do they check for certain things at this point?

Hey, I'm not currently pregnant but this popped up on my page - I'm just down the road from you! I had scans at hairmyres, the staff are lovely. Its a really small unit. They will check for major abnormalities and check the baby is measuring on track and they will do bloods to check for chromosomal issues. Ots all quite straightforward, but they probably wont talk whilst they are getting measurements so don't panic!

Did you or do you need to take a blood test in conjunction with the scan? Because in that case they may check for the risk of baby having Downs. In Denmark they measure an area in the baby's neck and use it along with the blood test to assess your odds of baby having Downs.

Otherwise they'll probably just see how baby is doing and measuring and check out the heartbeat.

Hope it all goes well:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"