Daughter is horrible "sick"

april17th2007

Mother of 2 & TTC
Reaction score
She isn't so much "sick" but something is wrong. This is just kinda my rant... sorry

It started yesterday, she was just walking then fell to the floor screaming bloody murder. Telling me it was her hip and down her whole leg. She is 5yrs old.

I took her in to the doctors and no one could see her (we just moved so we haven't set up a doctor yet, we just got in 2 nights ago) So they said to see a back doctor, which is a joke, it's the one's that aren't real doctors. I can't remember their name exactly... starts with a C... anyway took her into one and he said she had a ruptured disk... my 5yr old. But he said we can't touch her now, you need to go to the ER. Well I wasn't going to, until we could see a doctor, we just dont' have that kind of money right now. But since she first fell she never stopped crying, or screaming blood murder when she had to stand up. So finally around 8pm I took her in... they did x-rays and they came back perfect, nothing wrong at all. No ruptured disk or anything. So they gave her an IV and gave her some pain meds and muscle relaxers. After getting 3 doses of those over 4hrs she FINALLY started to feel some relief. She said she went from a 10 to an 8 for pain...The ER doctor came in and checked her out again, told us that he really thinks it has to do with her muscle in her hip... she is really tender around that area. But he just wrote some prescriptions for her so she could be comfortable over the weekend until we can get into a real doctor on Monday.

We are on a base, so I got an appointment with that doctor... so we have one for Monday. But she is just in so much pain I don't know what to do :cry: She couldn't sleep all night because of the pain, she said its down her hip, down her leg, down even into her foot. So I propped her up with pillows under her knee and it made her comfortable to finally sleep. Well she got up in the night when I was sleeping and went to go to the bathroom. All of a sudden I woke up to a horrible thud and her crying, she had fallen. Her leg has completely given out now... she can't walk on it at all it just is flimsy floppy and isn't working...

I just wish we could get in sooner. Nothing we can do now as the ER has already seen her.

I feel so helpless I am suppose to be helping her and now we have to wait 2 whole days with her like this for a doctors office to open.

:shrug:

Take her back to be seen asap,dont wait till monday, shes only 5 and is obviously in so much pain, i really hope shes better soon :hug:

Well I told the ER doctor again, he gave us the number to call in case we needed him and he just said the same thing, that if we brought her in to the ER again all they would do is give her the same pain medication we are giving her and then send her home again. He said there is nothing they can do until she can be seen by a doctor... I gon't get it... I thought the ER was a place to figure out what was wrong??

They then told me that the ER is for a place for the doctors to make you stable and comfortable until you can be seen by a doctor... they obviously don't think she is serious enough to do anything about expect for pain medication. Cuz all they keep saying is just give her more medication then be seen Monday by your doctor. So that is all we can do :shrug: Right now I got her finally comfortable and less pain, so she is trying to sleep.

Thats ashame, i am not sure what else you can do as its so different here in the UK, Hopefully someone else can advise you better. x

wonder if she has a pinched nerve or something? Did she have anything weird happen the few days before this happened? That would not show up on xrays. May need to take her to an orthopedist or internal med doc on base to have her checked over. It is true, in this case, the ER can only really stabilize. Definitely need a followup with a full workup and symptom history. Good luck to you and your daughter! :hugs:

We took her in yesterday and the doctor mentioned what he is sure it is (it's a funky name, I can't remember it right now I would have to get the paper work out) its initials are TS though. That's what he kept calling it.

He said all it is is inflammation around the hip joint in the tissue. It will radiate down the hip, leg, thigh, knee, foot. He said it would also cause her not to be able to walk or stand also. He gave her a nonsteriod inflammatory and said give her that once a day and then a dose of advil also to help the swelling. He said other then that just rest and laying down. It should be over with in 10days. Poor girl...

The doctor said its actually common for young children between 3-10yrs of age. He said I need to keep track of her temperature though, at least 3x daily. he said they can run a temp with this but he doesn't want it over 99.5 or else we need to go back in to see him. He also is running blood work to make sure it isn't something more serious but for now he is sure it is TS.

the poor we soul, she must be in so much pain, glad you have a name for it now and it can be treated and i hope she is better really soon :) :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->