Dawson for a boy?

missjennakate

Reaction score
Dawson is a name I added to my list of about 20 names tonight and I really like it. What do you guys make of it? I love American names like Brody, Jace, Blake. I also love the name Tobias but OH said he hates it!

Noah is our go to name for a boy if we don't agree on anything else. So far it's between Noah, Blake and Dawson.

I love Tobais my OH hates it too.
I also love Dawson sounds idk classic xx

Thanks! I love it but it's one of those names I want to get other peoples opinion on too. I like it cause Dawson isn't a common name. Awesome Dawson x

I have to admit I'm not too keen on Tobias but I absolutely adore Noah, Blake and Dawson.

Dawson would have been on my list of boys names but oh doesn't like it too much.

It's really nice. Sonny for short too :thumbup:

Thanks so much! I hadn't thought of Sonny being a nickname and now I love it even more :)

Thanks so much! I hadn't thought of Sonny being a nickname and now I love it even more :)

Glad to help!!

I'm having a little girl but I loved names that I could shorten to Sonny. Think it's very cute but I like the fact Dawson can be quite a manly name for an adult too.

x

I like Dawson. I'm in the US and there was a really popular show I grew up watching called 'Dawson's Creek'. Blake is nice too :).

It also made me think of Dawson's Creek - we got it over here in the UK, too! Katie Holmes was in it, pre-Tom.

Anyway, it's not a name I would use personally, but I don't dislike it. I love Blake, though x

I remember Dawsons Creek too! Haha.

OH and I both say we love it but he said it sounded a bit girly today. Eh! I said that's your last name sweetheart lol

Personally, I'm not a fan of very American names in the uk. And I did have the Dawson's Creek association as well. Not one I'd pick but your baby, your choice!

Aye. Everyone has different tastes. Imagine if everyone liked the same names there would be no variants. Ha ha

I like it, but it made me think of Dawsons Creek too, probably due to never hearing the name outside that programme! Although no one in our kid's generation will make that association.

I like it, but it made me think of Dawsons Creek too, probably due to never hearing the name outside that programme! Although no one in our kid's generation will make that association.

excellent point - my hubby said no to Esther because it reminds him of Esther Rantzen, but no-one her age will have even heard of her! May try again and point that out :thumbup:

my step dads nephew is called Dawson & I absoloutly LOVE IT!!

Good choice :D

Thanks guys. I love it. I think it's uncommon but not too uncommon that people may poke fun when he's older. Not sure if family would like it but it's not their choice ha ha

Dawson is a fine name.
But it can easily be turned into Dawkson.
Only because I knew a Dawson who was bullied like that at school.
Plus being called "Jack Dawson" -- Titanic
"Dawsons Creek"
Plus it is a pretty common last name.

But, if you love it go with it.

Never heard of Dawkson!
There's always a name that can be turned into something else and get called at school!

Dawson isn't common in the UK. Never come across anyone called Dawson. But yeah I love it and so far it's the name I'm gonna go for :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->