Day 2 of mat leave and i love ot :D

lewood88

Mom of 2 expecting #3
Reaction score
Ive spent so much time withy daughter i love it, we have had such a chilled day watchin peppa pig, ive missed so much of dd because of workin full time, im makin sure i enjoy every bit now :D

Aww :cloud9: im in week 3 of mat leave (well technically its holiday, mat leave starts when im 37 weeks) and i LOVE IT!! keep being asked if im bored yet. No way! Can rest when i need to and get prepped for baby. Theres no way id be coping still working full time xx

cant wait till this is me
no rushing about as much.drop kids off to school/pre school and then have a rest and then take them to park after school..............lovely

How can everyone afford to take maternity leave so early??? I am not going off til 1st August and due date is 17th August.

Are you in the uk and employed Babo? If so, your entitled to paid mat leave :)

Yeah but I get like 6 weeks at 90% pay then it drops down to SMP which I can't really live on! So having to wait until last minute to go off and probably have to go back after about 6 weeks!

I can't wait to finish!!!

Next Friday and I've got 5 weeks off before EDD, then up till May off with her :happydance: I can't wait !!!

Yeah but I get like 6 weeks at 90% pay then it drops down to SMP which I can't really live on! So having to wait until last minute to go off and probably have to go back after about 6 weeks!

Oh right, I get 8 weeks full pay, 18 weeks half pay plus SMP and then 13 weeks SMP. I thought that was the same for everywhere x

It's my last day in work tomorrow THANK GOD!!
I never thought sitting down all day would be such hard work but I really have struggled, especially the last week. I never had this problem with my first pregnancy which is why I decided to work to 38 weeks, regretting it now!!!
My lo is in nursery on my first day of leave so I'm going to blitz the house then I can just relax, spend lots of time with lo and just wait for baby no2. Heaven

You're very lucky to have this time.. that's not the way it works in the States. I'm working until week of EDD. 3 more months..:(

How can everyone afford to take maternity leave so early??? I am not going off til 1st August and due date is 17th August.

Im fortunate in that i have 5 weeks hols to take full pay, then first 13 weeks off mat leave is full pay, next 13 is half pay and remaining is smp xx

I work for a global business and only get the basic 90% then SMP. But I've been saving for over 3 years whilst trying and being pregnant so I am so ready for my year off with my sweet girl! Couldn't imagine having to give her up any sooner. Finishing with FOB hasn't helped but I'm lucky to be in a very positive financial situation by myself

OH is on a hell of alot more money than me so i can afford to take it early

I can't wait to finish!!!

Next Friday and I've got 5 weeks off before EDD, then up till May off with her :happydance: I can't wait !!!

Wayhay!! I finish next Friday too and have 5 weeks before EDD as well :) think there is only a day between us :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->