Day 3 tests and ovarian reserve testing

Laughing Girl

Reaction score
Hiya, I'm new to this section - glad to be joining you all!
I've just come back from a visit to my GP with a referral for a Day 3 FSH blood test. She also suggested that depending on the results of this test, it may be useful for me to have an ovarian reserve test. Just wondering if any of you have had experience of either test? I'm also just being a bit nosey I think but if you did have the day 3 FSH test, what was the result?
:hugs:

hi!

my FSH is 5, which is apparantly very good...what was yours? what else did they test for on day 3?

I am currently on clomid with monitoring for the first month and they call it 'ovarian reserve' but Im not sure exactly what that means. On Day 3 they also did an ultrasound and counted follicles and I go on friday for them to scan the follicles see how they responded to the meds. perhaps you will have all the scanning of the follicles without the clomid?

I had cd3 FSH, it was 10.6. Definately not fabulous. But, not horrible depending on who you are talking to. I'm 34 right now, so I'm doubtful I'll be one of those lucky ladies that has babies into her 40s.

Personally, I prefer to listen to my ob/gyn who told me she's confident I'll get pregnant again, as opposed to listening to all of the 'results' from the internet!!!

Hi...I recently had blood tests on day 3 and day 21, I saw the doctor and she told me all the results were normal but didn't give me any of the numbers!! I was so relieved I just walked out without asking! She wasn't in a rush to refer me for anymore testing and told me to go away and enjoy the summer lol! From what I have read, the lower the number the better as the hormone is not having to work hard to stimulate the egg release whereas the higher numbers could indicate diminished ovarian reserves. Hope that makes sense:hugs:

I did Day 3 for FSH to and have to go back tomorrow for Day 10. I am having a Saline Utrasound done tomorrow morning...

hi!

my FSH is 5, which is apparantly very good...what was yours? what else did they test for on day 3?

I am currently on clomid with monitoring for the first month and they call it 'ovarian reserve' but Im not sure exactly what that means. On Day 3 they also did an ultrasound and counted follicles and I go on friday for them to scan the follicles see how they responded to the meds. perhaps you will have all the scanning of the follicles without the clomid?

Hey Sarah, I've not yet had my tests......waiting for CD3 - won't be for a couple of weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->