General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

I’ve gone from excited, to nervous, and now at disheartened about testing. Thinking about it, I got my first positive on Tuesday. I feel like nearly 1 week since the first positive I should’ve had progression.
I almost don’t want to test anymore. I’m trying to prevent feeling defeated because we do have a plan to induce my period within 3 months if this isnt pregnancy, but it’s still difficult to want to be ttc and not have any cycle to track. I really hoped we caught the first eggy.

Last edited:
Ah, my bad :haha: how many dpo are you?
I don’t have a count of dpo. I have not have a postpartum period yet. Friday marks 11 months postpartum.
I did many opks trying to catch the first ovulation but it was too much so I stopped trying to pinpoint it.

I hope that the draw comes back good. I'm sorry you are in limbo. I don't know which tests you're using but for me I found the cheapies didn't darken until well after the missed period..

I hated cheapie strips personally, but I know they work for some. I used them way back when, saw shadows, and my first positive was barely there. FRER was great back then though.

OMG did I not tell y'all that I definitely DID got out and get crab masala with garlic naan for dinner? :rofl: I had to, it's all I wanted after y'all put it in my head! I felt guilty and thanked hubby for letting me, and he said, "Well, I can't help but feel partly responsible" LOL -- love that man. I've literally gotten take out 3 times this week. Well, 4 if you count the fact that I also grabbed some soup from panera for today. But man I gorged on the Indian food and paid for it severely. I was so miserable last night between feeling like I was going to vomit and this damn headache that won't quit. It was rough. I went to bed at 8 I think...not that it meant I stayed asleep because that's my life for now but yeah I was in bed early.

This pregnancy has gotten me feeling pretty rough. I remember feeling nauseated with ds2 and ds3 but I don't remember feeling these bouts of extreme rough-ness. Still haven't puked though but I can't help but feel like it's coming.
Anyway the lesson here is I have to eat small and frequently or my stomach is destroyed. Now if only I could figure out the trick to stave off the headaches...

Anyway. @HalfricanMa I am stalking both threads to see if you test. I agree that they should be darker, but if they are negative now at least you know and maybe you can expect your period to actually come on. But with all your symptoms...I'm just going to remain hopeful on your behalf!

@gigglebox do you know yet if it's a girl or a boy? I was sickest with my daughter.. but am generally feeling super ill for the first 12-18 weeks when I'm pregnant. Caffeine helped the headaches a lot so of course we aren't allowed to take it :p

I don't know yet. I'll have nipt testing this Friday, but I have no idea when I'll get results. The receptionist said 3-4 days (I presume business days), but what I've seen online is 10-14 days so who knows. Part of me wants to wait until the 12 week scan just to see how good my nub guessing skills are lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->