Day 61 in SCBU

Sam182

Mum to a 27 week preemie
Reaction score
Just thought I'd update Alexander's story...

Alex is now in high dependency on nasal prong oxygen 0.05-0.2. He was put into a cot yesterday which was amazing for us. He is now 3lb 15oz and consistently gaining 20-40g per day. He also tried his first suck feed yesterday and managed 21ml out of 40.

He is doing so well I can't even describe how proud I am of him. He truly is a little fighter and I'm actually starting to think about him coming home soon. They've said he may have to come home on oxygen but I really don't care! As long as my boy is home it's all that matters! A set of twins born at the same time as him but with less problems (Alex has CLD and had to have a round of steroids and various machines after finally being weaned from the vent) got to go home yesterday. Whilst I was happy for their mum I have to admit I've never felt so jealous...

Well that's our story for now and I can't wait to post out coming home thread :)

Oh and this is him a couple of days ago!

Attachments

• image-11.jpg
    image-11.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 24
Awww what a gorgeous little boy !!!! Alex has done great they make us so proud what they go thu premmie babies are such little fighters ! That's great about his feeding as well for 21ml on his 1st feed is amazing ........I remember feeding been abit if a struggle with daniel as he got very tried but once he got him that was it he came on so fast . Well done baby alex xxxx

Ps forgot to say been In a big boys cot as well is such a big step forward . Really happy for u xx

Awww he's a cutie :) Well done on being promoted to a cot Alex! Is it a hot cot or a 'big boy' cot he's in now? That is an amazing result for his first feed, what a star he is! I hope it's not long before you can get him home.

What a gorgeous little boy :)
He looks so alert and content bless him

And fantastic to here he's in a cot now :)
xx

Awww he's a cutie :) Well done on being promoted to a cot Alex! Is it a hot cot or a 'big boy' cot he's in now? That is an amazing result for his first feed, what a star he is! I hope it's not long before you can get him home.

It's a big boy cot lol :)

thats good he went straight to a big boy cot :) means hes holding his own temp :) hes a little cutie, these little babies do soooo well considering what they go through. xx

So pleased he is doing well and hope that you are home with your LO really soon. He is absolutely stunning and has beautiful eyes :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->