Day 8, we made it!

Bellybump89

Reaction score
Our story so far: dS was born on the 18th & almost immediately diagnosed with TT by the LC.We are struggling to feed and his latch is terrible and I have to re adjust several times a feeding. He bites the whole feeding and I grit my teeth. It's a struggle to keep him awake the whole feeding too which makes night nursing almost unbearable as I'm exhausted myself. Every time he wakes he screams to be on the breast and I have to repeat the whole process of soothing, latching & un latching , repeated things to keep him awake and all while constant pain. I used to use the nipple sheilds until he decided he doesn't want them or a pacifier. He spits out both. Yay me! Lol my only relief is lanolin coconut oil and gel soothies. I can't complain too much because where he wouldn't latch at all he's back at the breast. I can't pump because as soon as I pump he wants on the breast again and then I'm empty and he gets mad. I had a ped appt Monday and he is back at birthweight thankfully & We see dr juban sept 3. Just sharing where we are at so far sorry it's so long!

Eta:I should have clarified that TT means tongue tie and LC means lactation consultant. DR juban is a local dentist that does lazer tongue tie and upper lip tie revisions.. Sorry guys I'm shattered and not typing correctly
https://i.imgur.com/SXiumo9.png

Your baby is so beautiful! Sounds like you're a real trooper, I hope it gets better for you soon.

Congratulations! The first few weeks can be super hard, but you are doing so well persevering and you will get there! :hugs:

I should have clarified that TT means tongue tie and LC means lactation consultant. DR juban is a local dentist that does lazer tongue tie and upper lip tie revisions.. Sorry guys I'm shattered and not typing correctly

Once his TT is sorted it will provide almost immediate relief. I was lucky as my sons TT was cut at 5 days old, but those 5 days were hell!!! Exactly the same as you describe. You're doing so well!! Xxx

Aww I'm so sorry that you went through this too :( it's terrible ! You skip right over enjoying the newborn stage :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->