day at the spa...

nataliecn

Mommy to Grady and WTT!
Reaction score
a friend of mine is 13 weeks pregnant, and her OH bought her a spa package for a day at the spa.
one of her friends told her she isn't allowed to do it as it will bring on contractions... how true is this?

i know she has to be careful with some essential oils, and i'm assuming they'd have to alter her massages slightly if she's pregnant!!

any info or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

I went at 16 wks and had a specail pregnancy package with my last pregnancy tell her to ring the spa and ask xxx

You can get special pregnancy packages. I know you have to be careful which treatments you get because some forms of massage and some essential oils can bring on early labour.

I just had a prenatal massage on Friday and it was wonderful. You lay differently (cause of bump) and they even did a belly massage (Sprout loved that) but it felt wonderful. My back is a bit better and my DH says my legs don't feel as tight (I have him rub them regularly).

I can't wait to go back.

Yes they whould be able to tell her in advance.
I know lavender and rosemary oils are a no-no and sure there are more.
They can tailor a programme especially for her.

Wish I were going to one!

I know when I had a spa package booked for getting married (it was a full body salt scrub, mud wrap, full body massage and head massage and facial) I was told no, not until I had had my NHS scan and was over 15 weeks....even then they would only do the pregnancy package for me.

So I think it may be up to the spa if I am honest...Oh and no steam rooms and jacuzzis either.

Emma.xx

hi, i was also unable to use some of the facilities such as the sauna, steam room and jacuzzi, this is to do with them causing a rise in body temperature. Had a whole day there and all i was able to do was get in the pool! Was all wrinkled at the end of the day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->