Day naps

sabby52

Mother, Nanny
Reaction score
Thought I would post this in here as you will have older kids here and more experience of it.
When did your little ones stop taking a day nap ?? Dec sometimes take one in the morning, but some days he will miss it completely, I was just wondering if I should stop letting him take that morning nap as I know he can do without it or should I let him take it when he needs to ?? I know he is still very young (16 months) but if he can go days without it does that mean he doesnt need it??
Thanks ladies xx

I've alwasy let mine nap if they need to. The older two stopped having a nap at about 3years or just before that but they didn't always have a nap eveyday. They always slept well at night even if they fell asleep late in the afternoon. I reckon if they're that tired then they should be allowed to sleep, imagine you were knackered and being deliberately kept awake:hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy:. I couldn't be bothered with the tired tantrums to be honest:blush:

My 4year old is at full-time school but if we go on a journey to visit family and we're in the car for more than 20mins then she will fall asleep:shhh:

Mine took naps when they needed it, Sophie-Louise stopped at about 2 years old+ Dylan round about the same.

If they needed a nap even now I would let them have it, (not that they do). xx

I let my kids nap when they needed it too. The napping stopped around 3-4 years of age, and even at that stage it wasn't a daily ritual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->