Day of AF, temp rise?

MrsB_2015

Reaction score
Has anyone had a temp increase the day AF was due? I didnt sleep well last night, woke up with what felt like bad menstrual cramps, gas and nausea.. But my temperature raised from 97.64 F to 98.05 F. It usually drops a few days before AF arrives, but it's been consistently higher above my coverline (97.40). Does this mean anything? I have a few other symptoms but nothing too noticeable. I want that bfp!!!! :)

Good sign, but if you woke up a lot it could be why. Take a test!

Thank you! I'll probably wait until this afternoon just in case AF comes, but I will certainly test. Will post the outcome later... *crossed fingers*

Can you post your chart? Curious to take a look at your temps since O :). FXed and I have no clue how you made it to af due without testing lol

Sure! This is my first cycle charting my bbt on an app. I used to chart on paper but goodness knows where I put them (hence the reason I switched to an app, lol). I started the day after my period ended (December 1st). Sadly, since I don't have enough posts on here, babyandbump wont let me post it.
But here's the data:
Dec 1st: 97.36, Dec 2nd: 97.61, Dec 3rd: 97.47, Dec 4th: 96.94, Dec 5th: 97.09, Dec 6th: 97.04, Dec 7th: 97.20, Dec 8th: 96.98, Dec 9th: 97.03, Dec 10th: 96.93, Dec 11th: 96.64, Dec 12th: 97.38, Dec 13th: 97.26, Dec 14th: 96.83 , Dec 15th: 97.36, Dec 16th: 97.74, Dec 17th: 98.22, Dec 18th: 97.79, Dec 19th: 97.59, Dec 20th: 97.66, Dec 21st: 97.79, Dec 22nd: 97.64, Dec 23rd: 98.05 (TODAY)
Sorry for the book, lol. Not sure if I ovulated on the 11th or 14th...but I have a pretty typical 28-30 day cycle.

Also, your comment made me laugh! It has been SO difficult to wait!! :)

Bummer. What app do you use? And that's tricky to decide. That was a pretty big jump on the 12th and to have a fallback can happen. Mine is usually closer to 4-6dpo. You might have dipped 10 and 11 from your estrogen surge then 14th was O day.

Do you use opks or just temping? Did your app give you any indication of what it thinks? I find FF is usually pretty spot on for me

I really should be using opks, but this was my first cycle ttc (we're trying for our first) so I'm still new to all this ttc business. :) I learn something new everyday! The app I use is called Ovuview. It says I ovulated on Dec 14th, which would make it day 20 in my cycle. Seems kind of late to me, and my CM didn't really match. On Dec 11th, or day 17 in my cycle, I had more eggwhite CM. We tried for every other day those two weeks, so I'm hoping!!! I'll have to try out FF and see if it works any better.

I highly recommend FF. You have your temps already written out in a post, would be easy to have both. It's free but they do have detailed features for pay, but you don't need those. I'm wondering why you may have Oed so late. Were you using any form of birth control before other than condoms?

P.S. Are you ready to test yet? It's the afternoon lol I have to live through everyone else

I'm actually on my way to get a test now. Had to wait for the DH. :) I will try it! Thank you so much for the recommendation. No, I haven't been on any bc since last September when I got one depo-provera shot. It's been over a year, but it really messed up my body. :(

Hugs if you did O on the 14th you are only 9dpo which is really early for a bfp. Not unheard of, but early. The dip then rise could (not an exact science) but could be indicative of implantation. In which case you need 2-4 days to show on an hpt. Sorry I wasn't thinking about dpo I was stuck on af due today.

Countdown to pregnancy has a great tool called the implantation calculator. Tells you what you're likely implant days and earliest bfp might be. I like obsessing over it.

Hmm, I didn't think of that. I tried the calculator, and it said the best time would be Christmas day and on to test. That would be so exciting! FX...

I went ahead and put my information into fertility friend, and it said I ovulated on Friday, Dec 11th. The chart it uses is so much better than the one I had. It looks like I had a fallback rise, and it says my chance is pretty good. Thank you so much for recommending it to me. I sure hope AF stays away!

Woot glad you like it! Most ladies on here use fertility friend so it helps when you need chart interpretation :). You can also link it in your sig if you go to the top right one of the links says something about charts then the dropdown has sharing your chart. Get the bbc code for the chart thumbnail and pop it in your sig. :)

Got my FXed for you. Oddly enough I may be experiencing a fallback rise myself lol. I'm normally a slow riser but here I am 3dpo and fell back half a degree.

I was just wondering that. You've been so helpful! :D Thank you so much. I took another test this morning and still a BFN. :( I'm 13dpo though, so wouldn't it have shown up by now? Assuming I did ovulate on the 11th. Sigh. FF says AF is due on Saturday now, so I guess we'll just have to see. (I really hate waiting...lol).

Hmm, I had a dip around that time too. Maybe its a good sign? I really don't know much about fallback rises. :/

No problem! It's fun to impart my TTC knowledge. What little I have haha. I'm stuck in WTT now so I need something to pass the time.

If you log in to fertilityfriend.com and follow these screenshots you can add your chart to your sig. Think you just need 10 posts to have a sig. It just helps so when you say things like I'm 13dpo people can easily click on your chart for your temps. If you're comfortable. I had mine in my sig while I was TTC.

When you test positive all boils down to when you implant and how quickly your hcg is rising, and when AF comes boils down to your LP. Common is 12-14 days. Hang in there! You're not out.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-24 at 9.57.15 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-12-24 at 9.57.15 AM.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Screen Shot 2015-12-24 at 9.57.27 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-12-24 at 9.57.27 AM.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 4
I can't thank you enough for how kind and helpful you have been. :)

The screen shots were super helpful!! This might be a silly question, but would you recommend changing it daily to keep up with your temperatures?

I'm just feeling impatient. I was a little irritated that my cycle had to extend past Christmas, but on the bright side, if AF comes, better after Christmas than on!

Anytime! That's what the board is for :)

It will actually automatically update for you. It's really neat.

I also think you should start a thread stating your testing date or dpo. That way you can get some support/company from women who are at the same point in your cycle. That's how most of us end up with our lifetime BNB friends :)

Your chart is looking really good though so hoping you get some good news

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"