Day that changed my life forever - 10/21/10

midwestbelle

Reaction score
Well, it's time for me to share my birth story, and while it is fresh in my mind.

October 15, 2010 - Friday
I was 39 weeks 6 days pregnant and 1 cm dilated. The doctor told me to schedule an appointment for the following Tuesday to talk about getting induced.

October 19, 2010 - Tuesday
I was getting ready to go to my doctor's appointment when I received a call canceling it because my doctor had to go into surgery and they asked if I could reschedule it to Thursday, which I said was fine. I was somewhat worried. I had a feeling the baby was coming very soon, just wasn't feeling right.

October 20, 2010 - Wednesday
I woke up to my boyfriends alarm going off at about five o clock am. He got up to start getting ready for work and I was laying there having some pretty severe cramps. After about an hour they went away. I wondered what they were, but didn't think too much of it. I went back to sleep and woke up around nine or ten. I went to the bathroom, and when I wiped there was mucusy stuff. Huh. So I went on with my day like usual. My friend Miriam came over and we were just talking. Mom called and wanted to pay for my hair and eye brows to get done. I told her we should just do it another day, but she insisted we did it that day because it might be the last opportunity. So we went to the hair stylist and then after that we were walking around Walmart. It was taking forever, and the cramping started coming back. I really had no idea that those cramps were contractions. I started joking with mom, "hurry up you're gonna make me go into labor right here." So we finally get out of Walmart and go home. Miriam leaves and I am sitting there with my OH, Caleb. All day long mucus had been coming out. Around 7:00 PM these cramps became consistent. The only thing that made me consider they were contractions was the fact that they were coming every 5 minutes or so. I had the hardest time deciding whether or not to go to the hospital. I decided I was just going to tough it out and wait until my doctor's appointment in the morning, 12 hours away. Caleb went to bed, and I stayed up for awhile longer.

October 21, 2010 - Thursday
Around 1 AM I decided it was bad. I called Miriam and asked her to take me to the hospital as I did not want to wake Caleb up in case it was a false alarm. I took a shower, and by the time I got out she was at my apartment. So off we went. I remember we were right in front of Caleb's friend's house and I said, "Don't EVER let me get pregnant again." My this time the cramping was getting very uncomfortable. We arrive at the hospital and they check me. Now my memory is starting to get fuzzy. I was 2 or 3 cm dilated and contractions were 3 minutes apart. So they admitted me. I couldn't get ahold of Caleb, but thankfully he showed up. From the second I was admitted I was going to the bathroom every 10 minutes, I had to poop soo bad but it wasn't coming out lol. The nurses said it was the baby. Around 7 AM they gave me some pain medicine, which made me very tired. I was having back labor very bad. They wouldn't give me an epidural until 4 cm dilated. Around 8 or 9 one of my doctors came in. She checked me, and broke my water, and gave me permission to get the epidural. This big old jolly man gave it to me and made me laugh. haha. Oh, and my nurse looked like Katherine Heigl. So the epidural came and I am feeling amazing. Calebs family arrived. They were all standing in my room. The nurse was rotating me from side to side every 10 minutes or so. She came in to do it, and couldn't find the baby's heartbeat with the belly strap thing. So after another 10 minutes or so of trying to find it, panic hit. The pain medicine they gave me earlier had given me the shakes real bad, so I had two thick blankets on me. The nurse jerked the blankets off and threw them on the floor and yelled into the hallway, "we need some help in here!" All these people come in. One is giving me a shot to stop contractions. Another is giving me oxygen. Another is shaving my stomach preparing for a csection. Finally they find the baby's heart beat, and it was low, but slowly climbing back up. They left me alone for a bit, to give him chance to recover and what not. They had also stuck one of those things in his head that moniters his heart beat. After awhile they came back in and told me to push, so I did. But I couldn't feel it so they let me be until I could start feeling it. One of my friends was in the room and she was watching the monitor, I finally felt contractions and she was confirming it. (I could barely feel them). So I told my mother to go get the nurse.

The nurse came in, and I started pushing. My mom had my left foot, OH had the other. I was pushing and I remember I kept telling my mother how badly I had to poop. So embarrassing. :blush: But the urge was ssooo strong! This random nurse came into the room and said, "She's almost here!" I swear I sat straight up, my eyes got huge, and I said, "SHE?!" and the nurse was like, "Oh, I don't know what it is hunny!" I was terrified everything I had blue was supposed to be pink! So the baby's head was crowning ( I swear he was halfway out but OH said he wasn't) and all of a sudden the doctor backs away, starts throwing on different clothes, the nurses are putting the stirrups up, and dropping the bed, etc. They weren't ready (I had pushed for about 35 minutes, and I guess he crowned quicker than they thought) So I was trying to hold him in. "I can't I can't!" I kept saying and the doctor was telling me I had to so then I started breathing like I had just ran a marathon and finally the doctor got back down there and pop... he was out! I looked at OH and said "Cut the cord." So he did.

They immediately took the baby away to be examined and what not. His first APGAR was 7 I think and his second was either 8 or 9. They gave him his vitamin c shot, weighed him, measured him, and everything else they do.

In the mean time I was getting stitches, which hurt like a mother fucker. The doctor game me more medicine when he realized I could feel it. Finally, after 1/2 hour, I was able to hold my baby(although OH got to hold him first!). I cried, of course. I went to feed him and he latched right on. :happydance: Ah, my precious baby.

So, Caleb Clinton (Clint) born October 21, 2010 weighing 8 lbs 5 ozs and 21 1/2" long.

Not long after he was born, his head was HUGE.
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs308.snc4/40746_1684978810876_1429800034_31805479_3340900_n.jpg

First time holding him.
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs449.ash2/72286_1681791851204_1429800034_31799645_6377249_n.jpg

OH examining him right after he was born.
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs798.snc4/67883_1759212786679_1429800034_31950254_5827195_n.jpg

seven weeks old
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs105.snc4/35636_1770545669994_1429800034_31973566_1769250_n.jpg

10 weeks old
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs778.ash1/166862_1808401136357_1429800034_32058052_8287556_n.jpg

congrats hes lovely love his 7 week old photo

Congrats!! :flower: That seven week old smiley picture. OMG SO cute. :cloud9::D

Congrats hun! he's a cutiepie x x x

Congrats hun, aww i love that smiley pic!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member