Dead animals on the road

littlebabyboy

Reaction score
If you come across a dead squashed animal on the road do u go outbid ur way to avoid rolling on it? I'm an OCD head sp worry sbout everything but and one of them is bacteria going on the tyres of my car from dead animals (where ur aware of them there seems to be loads) so I tried to avoid driving bear them but obviously it can be hard. I always get so paranoidof it as if my little guy rubs of the Tyres when climbing into the car. Okay I'm a psycho sorry. Anyone know what u could catch off these dead animals?

I don't know what you can catch from them but if I can i try to avoid running over them but not to the point it could cause danger to me or passengers

I don't avoid them because i'm worried about bacteria, I avoid if it's safe to do out of respect I suppose. Upsets me when I see squished animals :(

Oh definately sorry yes i hate seeing them it's so so sad. Makes me angry that peole were driving so fast that they couldn't stop.horrible.

Most of the time they are on the busy roads and its not safe to swerve over them tbh as we have many tankers down here for the refinery. Never thought about germs because I dont actually touch my tyres?

Im pretty sure your not going to get any differant germs from going over them then you would from just general road contact, after al tje pee and poo all over the place anyway.
I do get squemish about the idea of driving over them but as im the passenger its pretty out of my control.
I will never understand the idea of taking roadkill home to eat, just why.
Is it true in America its illegal to take something yoy have hit but can take it if someone else has hit it?

I would think diseases or parasites you would get from eating raw meat. If the roadkill has been out there a while, it will be "spoiled".

I've never heard that. Also, I've heard of (fresh) roadkill being safe to eat if there's an economic collapse or a natural disaster of where the food is scarce to nonexistent.:sick:

If its safe to do so then I avoid them, I really really hate driving over them :( Especially when it makes a bump :cry:

I live in the country so am used to seeing dead pheasants, rabbits, other birds as well as foxes and badgers dead atbthe roadside. I will always try and avoid if I can but like others have said i wouldn't swerve if it would be dangerous. I doubt that the germs are dangerous, if a bird flys down to feed on the dead animal then flys off and sits on a fence or something then surely the germs would be on the fence/rail that people touch everyday?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->