Dealing with eczema while pregnant

adellademona

Reaction score
I have had eczema on the soles of my feet and ankles for as long as I can remember. The itch is ferocious and the flaking and scaling is awful.
I have a bad habit of scratching it in my sleep and no matter how often I wear socks to bed I wake up with them on the floor with no memory of removing them.

Using hydrocortisone and other steroid creams is not recommended for use in pregnancy. I'm just trying to figure out what I can do for some relief!!

Anyone else struggle with eczema?

I have it on my hands and I also have pomphlyx eczema on the soles of my feet.. I use Aveeno cream, not sure if you have that in the U.S.? It's made with colloidal oatmeal and is safe in pregnancy. Lots of moisturiser is key, up to 6 times a day. The hormonal changes of early pregnancy can trigger it to worsen too :(

You can get silk socks for hands and feet that are specifically for eczema, might be better than normal socks as they will make your feet hot and increase the itch.

I have had eczema since I was born and I use coconut butter and it seems to work pretty well. The only thing I would warn of is that it can get slippery, so be careful if you put it on the bottoms of your feet.

I use coconut oil and right now I have some cocoa butter lotion that comes in a jar that I use. It's pretty thick. I get some relief if I soak my feet in a foot basin and wash them with African Black Soap. Then I slather my feet in the oil and put socks on til it absorbs then I put on the cocoa butter.

Of course that still doesn't stop me from scratching in my sleep. I might have to keep my nails cut short because I've noticed if they're longer I tear my skin up. I need to get some oatmeal so I can soak my feet with the oatmeal. That should help the itching, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->