Dealing with night feeds?

Chel

Reaction score
OMG I'm exhausted, Jasper, for the first time since birth, wasn't sleeping in bed with me last night! Man, its much harder having to actually get up out of bed, feed and then put him back down, when he's still feeding 3 times a night (he's 12 weeks old!!! come on, is this normal!! He goes down at 7, and has a feed at 10, 1, 4 and then up at 7) I'm hoping that if he's not in bed with me, snuggling up to the boobies, he wont 'ask' for a feed so often at night!

The other reason is that my OH woke me up fairly roughly, as I'd somehow put a pillow over Jasper's head in my sleep... he was fine, obviously, but thats got me freaked out now, so I dont want him in bed with me anymore... which... I'm sad about, cos I love my cuddles!

At least he's self settling in his cot with a dummy, so I dont have to do the rocking thing anymore!

Is anyone else have a 3+ month old feeding so often through the night? How do you mannage? Has anyone had that and was able to discourage them? What'd did you do?

Poppy still feeds a lot throughout the night. Goes down about half 7 and feeds at 12, 3, 5 or 6 and is then up by 8 at the latest. I think I am just used to it now and am hoping that once we start weaning her it might improve!!

Jasmine has slept through since 2 months... do you try giving the dummy first? I ff, but everyone here claims it has nothing to do with it lol...

I've had a few people make comments about FF babies sleeping better, but my mum BF both my brother and I and my brother never slept through the night (he's 24 and I still think he has trouble sleepng TBH) and I slept through 12 hours from birth!

I know a few FF babies who wake at night and heaps of BF babies who sleep through... I think its a bit of hit and miss!

I did give him a bottle at nigh once out of desperation and while he slept til midnight, which he does do from time to time anyway, my boobies hurt SO MUCH from being explosively full of milk that I was in pain and when he FINALLY woke for a feed I was laying in a soakng wet puddle of milk! Yuck!

Although last night he slept from 8pm till 3:30am!!! OH MY GOD, he's never done that! The rip off is that the OH and I had 'relations' last night, so I didn't get to sleep until midnight anyway! :blush: Ah well, next time!

My LO slept really well until he got to about 3 months old, and then he started waking more and more often. He got a little better recently but now he's teething so he's back to waking every hour or so.
I keep him in the bed with me and try to just sleep while he feeds. It's the only way to get any sleep because some night he actually refuses to latch off at all. When he was really little I didn't have any pillows in the bed to make it safer, now I do but it's kept well away from him.

Might b the start of him extending his feeds for u hun

my baby is 6 months old and still wakes up 3-5 times a night for feed (Bfeed) and a couple of comfort feed or moan,lol
I 'm used to it now and very happy if he wakes up only 3 times,lol my best night is 2 wake-ups
I don't have any problem with sleepless night anymore ,anyway next month we will move him to his own room because now we co-sleep. we will move the stuff out that room and he can have his own space
will see what happens then

I feel sleeping all has to do with the temperament of the baby.Chilled out quiet babies usually sleep through and active busybee babies usually wake up a lot.Just my observation.Could be wrong.Hoping my next baby is verrryy chilled out because this one makes tired but I wouldnt have it any other way.He is my lovey dovey!

Yes, my LO goes down at 7, feeds at 10, again around 2 and normally sleeps till 7. Sometimes, she wakes for a third feed at 5ish but that's quite rare.

To be honest, she feeds so quickly and goes straight back to sleep no problem so I don't think it's a real hardship.

I hope he chills out with the feeds soon! Char was doing SO well, sleeping straight through from about 12 weeks on....now suddenly she's up 2-3 times a night for feeds....UGH...I'm going CRAZY!

both of mine were formula fed and gad similar waking patterns after 3 months though they did start cutting out feeds :)

sophie

JAcob is 19weeks and FF and he gets up anything between 3-7 times a night (depending how he feels!) It normally takes about 20-30mins each time to feed him and settle him back down then i gotta fall back asleep! He sleeps from 8-9ish to 5-6am and still gets up this many times!! XxX

If Aidan goes down around 9.30pm onwards he normally sleeps till 6am. :happydance:
He went down at 7.30pm the other night woke at 3am for a feed, then slept till 7am. :muaha:

All babies are different.
Hope LO's sleeping pattern gets better for you. :hugs:

Brenn is BF and he wakes several times a night. I have thrown the towel in and stopped fighting it. I start him out in his hammcock crib then when he wakes the first time I pull him into bed with me, and just nurse when ever he wakes. I now go to be with him at 8, and I have stopped looking at the clock when he wakes. This has really helped me in dealing with it. I know how hard it is, but it does seem to be getting better as I changed my attitued and Brenn is getting older.

Another good sleep! This is almost exciting as he gets better and better by the day. I'm going to bed thinking "ooh, I wonder how well he'll do tonight" rather than dreading it and feeling like I've got to talk myself into 'surviving' another night!

He went down at 7, fed at 10 then went till 4am! (7 hours!!! I slept for 6!!! Longest sleep I've had since he was born!!!) then 7am and he fed and dozed till 8am, so I really got to snooze while he was feeding until 8!!! I got about 9 hours of (broken) sleep last night! Horray!:happydance: I feel human! :cloud9:

I feel sleeping all has to do with the temperament of the baby.Chilled out quiet babies usually sleep through and active busybee babies usually wake up a lot.Just my observation.Could be wrong.Hoping my next baby is verrryy chilled out because this one makes tired but I wouldnt have it any other way.He is my lovey dovey!

Jasper is definately a busy bee baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->