Dealing with others pregnancies

TestingHopes

Reaction score
How does everyone cope with hearing pregnancy announcements while ttc? Been trying for a while and am surrounded by pregnant friends and family. Many have conceived on their first or second try. Please don’t get me wrong, I am very happy for them. Just trying to cope better with the disappointment that it hasn’t happened for us yet.

There is absolutely no answer to this! My girl took almost 4 years to conceive and now #2 has taken 3.5 years with 2 losses and no pregnancy, throughout the whole time TTC I have struggled so much with people's pregnancy/new baby announcements. I don't begrudge them at all and I am so happy for them, but at the same time I am so, so sad for myself. LTTTC takes such a toll mentally, it has honestly messed with me so badly, from the highs (positive pregnancy tests, the birth of my daughter 6 years ago) to the worst lows and worst times of my life (my losses) it is so tough. All I would say is just so whatever you have to do to keep yourself sane, and be kind to yourself. If you feel like you can't see the happy posts, unfollow them on Facebook/Instagram etc, if you feel so sad that you don't want to move off the sofa then don't, do what you've got to do to be happy xx

I don't deal very well. Just found out today that a friend of mine is having twins with his on-again, off-again girl friend. They are much younger, not even extremely serious. I have a mini break down every time I hear these things, but generally I'm great at not letting it show in front of others, especially the person who is expecting. It's not their fault that I have the struggle that I have, and I would never want them to feel or see anything from me other than full and complete support and happiness. I save my tears for later. After more than a decade I've gotten great at it. Sometimes I think that even after I finally do have my own babies, I will still shed a tear every now and then for this version of myself, and for the whole world of women TTC that are still waiting on their miracle babies.

I’m sorry for your troubles ladies. I went years of NTNP without ever seeing a positive test, and while I only really actively TTC’d for a year, that time was hard for me. My teenage sister got pregnant in that time and so did so many people I went to high school with that were still very immature. It was very hard to see and deal with, especially when I tried to reach out and talk (like to my parents) but no one understood. The best thing I did for myself was stop actively TTC and go back to NTNP (obviously if you are getting treatment, that could be continued). I know that sounds ridiculous and probably doesn’t help, but my mind was so caught up on getting pregnant that I ended up losing sight of the positives in my life. Do what it takes to focus on you, whether that means unfollowing pregnant friends on social media or spending your afternoons cuddled up with a good book instead of going out. Talk to someone if you need to. Sites like these are so good for venting because not all of us know someone who just gets it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->