Dealing with puberty

JessicaWmom

Reaction score
I just signed up because I couldn't get any sleep, I am having anxiety, panic attacks and a bit overwhelmed.

I am a single parent and I have a 12 year old son and I think he is starting puberty. I found a stain on his bedsheets a couple of days ago and I know boys have this thing called a wet dream. I also am not sure if he is masturbating and I don't know if I should confront him or leave it alone.

I think I am feeling overwhelmed because here my 12 year old is growing up and time goes by so quick..

Any thoughts on how I should approach this matter with my son?

My son is very small, but I honestly think he is probably quite embarrassed about it and there is no harm in you just taking his bedclothes away and washing them. Maybe leave a book lying around so he knows it's normal, if his school doesn't cover it in sex ed?

Books!...........i have already bought my 6 year daughter an age appropriate book about 'growing up' and when she is older i will buy her a few more age appropriate books.

personally i would just leave him to it, its all part of growing up and he knows where you are if he needs you. Its embarrasing enough as it is growing up without parents talking to you about hard on's and wanking and sex etc etc..............

There are loads of resources your son can look for information these days and they have sex ed at school.

i wouldnt worry xxx

I wouldn't 'confront' him...talk about awkward. Masturbation is not only normal, but healthy. I agree with the other suggestion of books! There is some really good ones out there.

i would imagine by 12 he will know a lot more than you think tbh and i would guess that yes he will be masturbating

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->