Dear internet information; stop being so confusing!

BayleighPaws

Reaction score
Hi Everyone;
I'm hoping someone out there, somewhere can help me out, and maybe give me some more insight or information. I've been doing internet searches all over, trying to find answers, and even the medical information seems to be completely conflicting. This may be a long one.....I am brand new to the forum, and I am having some questions. My story; I've been with my bf for 4 years, and we are planning marriage (not engaged, just actively discussing our future together, etc). We discussed the situation, and decided as it's something we both want, we should try to conceive.

For a couple of months, I've had a lump in my armpit, which I ignored and put off, until I finally went to the doctor. They did an ultrasound, they did a physical and are now concerned it could be breast cancer or lymphoma (or nothing!). So, we put our plans on hold until this issue is resolved.

So, officially, we attempted to conceive once on September 17th. I didn't have high hopes of getting pregnant that day, as it was the week before my period, I was not ovulating, and we only had unprotected sex one time. I got my period a few days later, and asusmed that was that.

So, it has been almost a month since we had sex, and my body is acting very strangely. I had mild cramping last week (incredibly mild and almost non-existant). Then, yesterday I had a few spots of pale pink blood and a brown discharge (sorry if that is too much information! :S). In theory, my period is due in 10 days (and I've always been incredibly regular). I've taken 2 home pregnacny tests (just in case), but they've both come back negative (although I realize it is too soon). My coworker, who is trying to conceive (and believe she is a pregnancy genius/guru) believes this could be implantation bleeding, however in my opinion the timeline seems a little bit off, and as I had my period I'm not sure if pregnancy is a possibility.

Sex; September 17th
Period; September 24th
Bleeding/Discharge; October 13th
Expected Period; October 25th

I've searched the internet for timelines regarding implantation times, as well as having your period while pregnant.... and it all seems to conflict incredibly! I'm so confused.... If I were pregnant, yes the timing would be horrible (as if I do have cancer... I'm not sure what this means for treatment or for the baby). But, it would also be incredibly welcome news (M and I both really want a baby, and are fully prepared for it, should it happen).

Does anyone have any advice?!

I don't think it is very likely that you are pregnant as it would show up on a pregnancy test by now if you had conceived on September 17th. And the fact that you got your period is also suggesting you didn't get pregnant at that time. Could it be ovulation spotting? Sometimes it is possible to get a little bit of spotting at the time of ovulation and it looks like that might fit with when AF is due?

I hope your tests come back clear in relation to the cancer scare and you can get back to TTC.

And welcome to B&B.

Ah! I should have mentioned another crazy aspect. After 15 years of the exact same cycle, my period was 1.5 days shorter, and significantly lighter than usual- which I chalked up to stress.

I can find information saying "yep, you can have your af and be pregnant" and I can't find info saying "nope.". I can find info saying "oh! The strange things going on in your body are pregnancy." And also "nope". Info saying "pregnancy tests not accurate until 5 days before af" and also saying "no problem! Take it now!". I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with any of these things. *sigh* its a confusing virtual world out there

Oh! Also! Have never had ovulation bleeding before (and its approximately 6dpo? Maybe? I don't have my info in front of me, but the timing is off by a few days for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->