Debate - Do you think the British Royal Family is a waste of money?*CLOSING 2MRO*

IDK I'd be wanting to see the guards at Buckingham Palace etc if I flew out there, they wouldn't be there if there wasn't a Queen to guard lol. Charles and Camilla visited my city last year and there was a crowd of thousands waiting there.
There isnt a queen/king in prague but they still change the guard :p

I do not think they are a waste of money. Id rather have her (or him) than a dictatorship/president for my 50p.

I love all the pomp and ceremony - sets us apart :)

xx

The queen pays income tax :D Honestly I don't mind them. I think they're profitable actually.
The idea of getting rid of gov is ridiculous. Living under a dictatorship must be horrible :( We're super lucky to have a vote and we'd have NO say in who rules the country if it was the royals 'in office'. + the idea of a president I don't like either.

Do you feel that 50p per person per year is wasted money even though in 2008-2009 the revenue surplus from the Crown Estate paid to the Treasury amounted to £211 million?

Without a doubt!

But, they sure are entertaining and fun to watch! :blush:

I dunno how people think its a waste when they put in 15 times more money than they take out :shrug:

At 50p her head on googles population thingy for 2008 means we paid

30707031 Acording to my crappy Pc calculator

But figers in the news paper says we pay more like 69p per head

so thats then

:shrug:

We've just had a baby boom remember. Its probably nearer 50p than 69p.

Just a thought but the amount of un used rooms queenie has at Buckingham palace, and other royal establishments, the lavish food they eat and clothes they wear, is it all neccessary???!
It makes me upset to know that parts of the world are in extreme poverty homelessness and starvation, but the royal family are on a different planet. Fair enough the queen supposedly donates to 600 or more charities, but I think that there is a great divide in the world :(

NB Princess Di I still believe was the true royal pioneer in actively getting involved in such issues and hope her sons continue to follow her example

Just a thought but the amount of un used rooms queenie has at Buckingham palace, and other royal establishments, the lavish food they eat and clothes they wear, is it all neccessary???!
It makes me upset to know that parts of the world are in extreme poverty homelessness and starvation, but the royal family are on a different planet. Fair enough the queen supposedly donates to 600 or more charities, but I think that there is a great divide in the world :(

NB Princess Di I still believe was the true royal pioneer in actively getting involved in such issues and hope her sons continue to follow her example

maybe they should make all the royals live in the same place :thumbup: all rooms used and the other places can be used for other stuff

I think it would be quite funny to make the royals all eat Tesco Value for 2weeks and see what they think then lol

But getting rid of the royal family won't change that. :shrug:

Not saying get rid of them, but it would be nice of them to cut back on their cost of living, if we want to head for a classless society then some of Royals should be setting an example :)

^agreed! God I miss her!! :cry:

See people don't just come here to see them/palaces etc. They also come to see landscape/history etc. BUT the state visits the royal family carry out raise the UK's profile abroad, meaning that people are more likely to consider coming here. I think they actually are quite good value for money.

Definately - we did all the touristy type things when I was over a few years ago - buckingham palace and windsor castle. Legoland too! :haha:

Okay it's got a bit quiet so we'll be started a new debate tomorrow morning :)

https://www.babyandbump.com/general-chatter/347532-debate-3-should-euthanasia-legal.html

HAHAH ROFL

remembering also saturday Night at the London paladium

If it wasn't for the royal family there would be no royal variety performance and therefore no britain's got talent :shock:

I think the french had the right idea

Madam Guillotine !

Not saying get rid of them, but it would be nice of them to cut back on their cost of living, if we want to head for a classless society then some of Royals should be setting an example :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->