Debating on trying for number two

faithforbaby

Reaction score
So my DH and I have been talking all week about when we want to try again for number 2. LO is 11 weeks today and I acually got AF today. (I have only ever had 3 periods on my own in my life, so I was excited to get AF...maybe things will start to run normally) Being someone that has PCOs and having to have fertility for number one I feel like we should at least try/not prevent. Some people think I am crazy! We just lovvve being parents! Thoughts?!?

You may ask why I am so undecided as to get pregnant with number 2. The questions I bounce in my head are.
1. Is it too soon if LO is 11 weeks
2. Will everyone else think it is too soon (though I really shouldn't care what others think)
3. Is my body ready for number two?

The reason I feel like I should is because I actually got a period on my own which means at this time something is working correctly in there. I feel like I should at least just count till the days where I could be ovulating and see if I am. I feel like it is a sign that God is saying 'I am giving you this opportunity, don't prevent it from happening.' I am someone who definitly believes in natural family planning, but due to being so irregular all my life I wasn't able to go that route prior to LO being born. If things are starting to run normally I feel like it is a sign.

Has anyone ever been in this situation?

I haven't been in this kind of situation, but to me it sounds like you really want to try for number two. You shouldn't let the thoughts from others determine your potential future. Only you and your S/O know what you can and can't handle, and if you think you can then you should go for it! As for your body being ready, if your starting to have normal cycles i would say that's sign enough! If you are both ready for another baby and the idea gets you both excited I think you should start trying again :) It's your life and your future, so do what will make you happy.

Thank you! I really do feel ready! I think I go back and forth on it 10-20 times a day! I have really gotten back into running and getting on a routine, and even though that feels amazing; I just love the idea of bringing baby #2 into the world :) I feel like getting my period is a sign. I think I am totally a NTNP. I am not buying OPKs, temping or getting hpt crazy. What I am going to do is just watch out for ewcm and dtd when mood strikes (alhtough in the back of my head I will be thinking, "this could be it!") My hubby is ready, and does not object at all. If anything it is me who maybe wants to wait just a year. I have a best friend (since 4th grade) and a brother in law who are potentially getting married this summer. So I would like to have another right away, or maybe wait. ....decisions decisions. The funny thing is ultimatley it is not up to me at all :) God has a way of making everything work out the way He intends. If he says I get prego in January, then January it is. :)

Surely it will be better to take advantage of the higher fertility after having a baby seeing as though you struggled for your first?
If I was in your situation I'd be going for it because who knows? You don't want that agony of waiting and waiting again. It could happen soon or 6 months or a year. How would you feel then? Especially if you had to wait a long time xxx :hugs:

Thank you emalou! I do agree! That is my biggest argument to myself is that there is no harm in trying, I would rather try than wonder if I could have gotten pregnant on my own! :)

And worst case scenario, if you don't you know you've tried early on :)

Well....big decisions ahead. If my cycle is going to start to be normal, I should be ovulating in the next couple days. :thumbup: I haven't really checked cm yet, but plan to! :blush: I believe DH and I have decided that we will aim to dtd when I could be fertile, but its nice because the stress will be soo much less. There is still apart of me that says I should give my body a little more time and that maybe we shouldn't try; however everytime I say that I counter it with a pro to getting pg. I am just really hoping that number two wont be as difficult ttc as number 1. Happy dtd'ing to all. Anyone else feel like they are near ovulation??

Fingers crossed and :dust: to you Emalou as you will be testing in the next 11 days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->