Decaf, Caffeine and Ginger

Angelbaby_01

mommy
Reaction score
Hallo ladies,

I thought I wanted to share something with you ladies and would like to hear your thoughts on this.

I bought a book written by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo with the title "Eat right for your baby - 4 blood typed, 4 diets."

It shares general info before going into different chapters about the different blood types and what I found alarming was this.

- Ginger can cause large amounts of miscarriage and I know it's something we like to use in general since it combats nausea in first trimester.

- Parsley in large amounts can be a uterine stimulant and I don't know about you, but love to use it in pastas and scrammbled egg.

- Turmeric the same as parsley

Now things like Licorice, caffeine, tuna (except canned), shell fish and other sea foods and alchohol we generally know to avoid, but I also recently read that decaf tea and coffee's can cause miscarriage due to the chemicals used to break down caffeine. It's believed that we should rather limit our intake of coffee to 300mg per day and avoid decaf in total. I like my rooibos because it's totally caffeine free and believe some green teas as well.

This is my penny for thought, now please share yours. Am I nuts to even believe this?

Xxx

I've avoided ginger anyway because it only gives me heartburn! And since I'm LDS I never drink tea or coffee anyway. And I hate licorice so I guess those are easy guidelines for me... Lol!

You are lucky! I love my coffee, but if I drink one cup a day then it's a lot. I love butternut soup with ginger in since it's winter, but I guess I can make it without the ginger as well. Lol

I did a juice fast a few months ago with a group of other women.

One of them that already has children, warned me about certain herb/spices and vegetables to avoid while TTC.

Ginger and parsley were top on that list!

I dunno, is it just the authors opinion or is it well researched?
I'm kind of worried about drinking decaf now but this is the first time I've heard something like this.

My doctor told me to limit 2 canned sodas a day (24 oz total) or one cup of coffee a day. Ginger is also given to help with nausea. They even passed them out during my new parent class a little over 2 years ago.

I think everything in moderation is okay. For me, going cold turkey on coffee would have done more damage than anything.

Oh but she (doctor) did stay to stay away from artificial sweeteners and definitely no diet drinks.

Good luck hun!

I dunno, is it just the authors opinion or is it well researched?
I'm kind of worried about drinking decaf now but this is the first time I've heard something like this.

sorry to butt in on a thread that was posted yesterday, but if you buy decaf, get water-processed decaf. it's just fine for you. some are processed with chemicals which is what this author is talking about, but he apparently didn't mention alternatives. a good organic brand will most likely be water-processed :thumbup:

I love Indian cuisine and turmeric is ubiquitously present in that cuisine. Ginger is also part of many dishes in Indian cuisine. I just reached 20 weeks and so far ginger and turmeric have posed no problems for me. I don't know how I'd survive without those two spices.

I had heard of the parsley before, but from what I read its in VERY large amounts. Like, an amount you wouldnt even want to be eating anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->