Decision Made...Lots to learn

KiwiMarie

Reaction score
After a brief play with an unexpected tww (technically still in it with no AF though I'm nominally sure it may be an ovarian cyst with nothing but :bfn:s at approx 15-16dpo), my DH and I had a nice long talk. We've been NTNP for about a year now and a couple of weeks ago we started discussing when to really make a go at TTC.

With all the watching and waiting this month we both realized just how much we wanted it, so here I am, officially TTC. We have a daughter but she is from my first marriage. So while it will be a second child, it will actually be our first together.

I'm about to go stalk the boards but I figured I'd ask where you all started with TTC. I have a lot of research and learning to do as this decision was just made TONIGHT. I'm excited, a little anxious and a lot overwhelmed. But first steps are first steps!

First of all, congratulations on ttc!

I don't know how much you know about your cycles but that's the first thing I worked out, I used ovulation sticks, temping and watching my cervical mucus to work out when I was fertile, then we just dtd every day or every other day through that part of your cycle. If you don't want all that hassle you can just dtd every other day from around the tenth day of your cycle.

The month I got pregnant (we had been ntnp for a while then trying for 18 months) we went on holiday, relaxed, used preseed and didn't have sex or orgasms after my fertile stage (I read this is recommended by IVF clinics) and had just started acupuncture.

Good luck x

OH and i were NTNP for a couple of months and when my period hadn't returned after coming off the implant, I saw my GP who said I was still ovulating.

so i bought some ovulation tests and moved over here! been checking CM too and yesterday my basal thermometer arrived to do temping. But as I've had positive and negative tests for the past few das, it seems this might be my month! just gotta hold out to retest on Monday!

welcome and good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->