Decreased movements...

kmr1763

DH, DS1, DD1, DD2, DS2
Reaction score
I know I've asked something similar lately but ugh I'm bugged! Once I started feeling baby she moved frequently and has gotten stronger and stronger. But for the past several days I have felt little to no movement. Now I'm getting myself worried. Should I be worried about babe? I'm 19.5 weeks...

Hey there! So i didn't feel my guy until about then at all! I was worried i had some decreased movement around then, and at my scan they explained he was breech and if he rotated abs was kicking/punching me in the back, i didn't feel him at alllll. My ob basically said not to be toooo worried about having days with less movement still (her definition of still was in 2nd trimester, her opinion was feels in the second tri were better to gauge what would be normal movement time frames in the third). Now at 24.5, I'm starting to be able to feel very light back punches...lol they're not so fun...they're actually incredibly uncomfortable and my hubby laughs because I'm uncomfortable when i have them and crazy when i don't!

All being said, everyone/baby is different, if you keep stressing and dnt feel aanythijg soon maybe give doc a call?

Maybe call and ask to have them listen to baby. I was told that they can't do anything for reduced movement at that stage so all they will do is have a listen to reassure you. But if they listen and there are any problems they won't do anything else so if they can't find a heartbeat it may be more worrying (it still can be hard at this stage to find). However changes in movement at this stage is normal as baby is still tiny and can still hide quite well.

^^ that's pretty much what I think. I don't even plan on going in really. I have my doctor appointment on Tuesday and then anatomy scan on Wednesday.

Tina, thanks for the response. I do think thjs baby can be head up sometimes, I can feel kicks low by my cervix rather than in front or closer to belly button, so maybe that's the case.
In any case I DO feel occasional movement. I had some this evening. Just not as much as udual (or as much as I had been having in the week prior). Thanks ladies. I'll just try to chill until my appointment!

It is too easy for our babies to mess with us. When I couldn't feel my babies much at all anymore, I found out that they were facing back-to-back. It is harder to feel their kicks when they're facing away from you, and they may not be strong enough to feel from the outside, especially when they're snuggled in close to us, leaving all the fluid between them and the outside of the belly. All of my kids did that to me because of the way my body is shaped. They all prefered to face outward. Anyway, Please always consider checking in with your doc. Mine would take a look or listen and feel to tell what's going on, but my docs really don't rely on movement too much until 27 weeks when it's consistent.

Honestly they say as part of the 'count the kicks' campaign that you should only start monitoring from 24 weeks.

And it depends where your placenta is too.

Mine is anterior (AGAIN) and I'm feeling so little it does scare me, but at every check she's been absolutely fine and kicking/punching away in there.

(while I'm lying there muttering 'well _I_ don't feel that')

Lol^^ I'm sure I'm not feeling most of what goes on in there. And sure my placenta is where it should be, as I was feeling movements well... But baby scares me then reassures me the next day by moving tons! So I feel better now. Appointment tmorrow and gender scan Wednesdsy!

I started feeling this lo around 16 weeks and at about 19 weeks I didn't feel him for an entire week! definitely caused me some anxiety..but now at almost 22 weeks I am getting kicked all up in my cervix hehh.. they told me it's normal, even though I felt like if I started feeling him at 16 it should be stronger, but of course it depends on which way they're positioned.

I started feeling this lo around 16 weeks and at about 19 weeks I didn't feel him for an entire week! definitely caused me some anxiety..but now at almost 22 weeks I am getting kicked all up in my cervix hehh.. they told me it's normal, even though I felt like if I started feeling him at 16 it should be stronger, but of course it depends on which way they're positioned.

Sorry to hijack the post but I'm so glad to hear from you myfavsurpise! I was worried about you as I hadn't seen any more posts from you after your lo had sat on your tummy, glad you're ok!

Oh man good point, I sat at the ER for 6 hours that night and everything was okay aside from some spotting that they suggest was from trauma, but baby is fine and happy. I guess I've been distracted since then, pulled out our savings to buy all our baby stuff :) thank you for your concern!

I was wondering about movement too. My baby is usually very active plenty of kicks etc but today she has been very quiet... Trying not to get too worried or anxious . Hopefully will feel some kicks later tonight .

I got a few little kicks when lying in bed last night but thats all.. I am nearly 25 weeks. Would you go get checked out ? X

OK so just as a posted baby started kicking around.lol I think she may have moved positions. The mind games they play!. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->