• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Delaney...or Laney?

Bakebino

Mom of 1 and Expecting #2
Reaction score
Hubby and i are having a hard time coming up with a name for our second daughter on the way. I came across the name Delaney today and it kind of stuck with me. I am thinking maybe Laney for short?...or just Laney?! Idk...I just know I really want the middle name to be Lee (my dads middle name who passed away a few weeks ago).

What do you think about Delaney (Laney) Lee (Leigh)?

Delaney is pretty - different too. Love the nn. Laney!

But I prefer Alaina, nn. Lainy!

Thank you. I like Alaina too but the only issue with that is my cousin just named her daughter Aleighna (spelling after my first dd Ryleigh). I believe she pronounces it ah-lee-na versus ah-lay-na...but I think Alaina might me too close.

I prefer Delaney over just Laney. Laney is a great nickname, but it feels like just that. A nickname.

Delaney is really nice, especially with your other daughters name :), and the nn Laney is cute. I think Delaney Leigh sounds perfect x

First of all I'm very sorry for your loss :hugs: a tribute name is really lovely. I like Laney Lee xxx

I prefer Laney by itself. Delaney sounds more of a surname to me!

Laney Lee/Leigh is a beautiful name!

I like Laney better than Delaney, but I think 'Delaney Lee' sounds better than 'Laney Lee'. So I'd vote for Delaney, nn Laney.

I like Delaney. It's more versatile than just Laney. Delaney Lee sounds fine, Laney Lee sounds a bit like a superhero's girlfriend, you know?

I'm Irish and so to me Delaney is a surname.
Its really becoming common in places like the US to use Irish surnames as first names. To us it sounds so odd.

That being said if you like it then go for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->