Delayed/Late weaning

Farie

Reaction score
My LO is 6 months now and just beginning to start a little bit of food, we were originally advised to start early due to severe reflux but it didn't work for her and she didn't enjoy it, so we left it until now.

Currently we have a bit of rice cereal 2x a day with some pear mixed in and I'm just started to put finger type foods in front of her (she thinks they are great missiles to throw at me!)

Realistically I cannot imagine she'll be on 3x meals a day etc for another month or more, and I'm in no hurry, her milk gives her everything she needs and shes not exactly going great guns at the food anyway

Is anyone else like this? Not fussed about getting LO onto solids soon/fast?

The advice I got was to expose LO to as many different textures and tastes as poss between 6-8 months, before they get to a fussy stage, but that they don't need to be getting all their nutrition from food until they are closer to one yr old? Anyone out there confirm this?

Ruby didn't eat a thing until 7.5 months, and chose not to eat at 3 meals per day until 9 months.

My son didn't eat anything until 10 months old. Neither of them were on 3 meals a day for several months after beginning weaning. It's fine not to be in a rush about it, just keep offering different foods from time to time and she'll let you know when she's ready for more. :)

My second eldest had a few jars of plain veggies at about 5.5 months but as he had allergies and seemed not fussed I stopped those and started giving him finger foods or preloaded spoons/bowls at about 6.5 months (didn't know at the time this was actually BLW), second youngest didn't really eat anything until 7 months and even then he wasn't eating large quantities until maybe 9 months? But now he has the biggest appetite out of all of them. My youngest now is not interested in foods; I recently tried offering him some veggie sticks and he just threw them away (he vaguely licked the cucumber but turned his face and cried when I tried offering it again!) he is doing great weight gain wise as he has doubled his birthweight, sleeps through, and is otherwise satisfied with just milk so we feel fine to start offering foods BLW style at exactly 26 weeks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->