Delaying first doctor visit

RiverSong

Reaction score
Is there any serious negatives to delaying seeing the Doctor as late as possible? I had a really negative experience the first time around and tbh I'd rather not have Doctors and midwives involved unless totally necessary. Would it be a risk to baby? If so I will go asap. (i'm 4-6 weeks pregnant.)xx

I'm not sure where abouts you are from but here, after the initial doctors appointment, they refer you to the midwife who you see every so often (more often nearer the end) she schedules your antenatal checks, scans, blood tests etc.

Could you not change surgery? Chances are you will see a different midwife this time round xx

I didnt have my first appt til 9 weeks and it was a complete waste of time. the next was my scan at 15 weeks.

I've decided I'm going to leave it until about 11 weeks or so, then we're just about ready for the first scan :) With the weather being how it is and not having a car I think it's best not to have loads of un necessary appointments. Thank you for your replies :) xx

I've decided I'm going to leave it until about 11 weeks or so, then we're just about ready for the first scan :) With the weather being how it is and not having a car I think it's best not to have loads of un necessary appointments. Thank you for your replies :) xx

bear in mind there may be a wait till your gp refers you to the midwife then waiting for your midwife appointment then waiting for the scan appointment....................

but if that makes you more comfortable, that's great :hugs:
xxx

Prenatal care is best to start as early as possible according to the latest studies. If any complications arise, they can be addressed as early as possible. It is up to you though, but as long as you're not having any type of complications I would imagine you and baby should be fine. Since you're so early in your pregnancy, I would just call and ask if the doctor is okay with that and make your appointment so atleast then the doctor knows your wishes so you can scheduale things later on, but if you need something they are still aware.

No there isn't, I waited until 12 weeks... bare in mind though there can be a wait from what your GP refers you to your midwife meaning a long wait for a scan.

And there are the tests where you MUST be below 14 weeks to do, I got lucky and had mine done at 13 + 6 days.... I'd advise you to get in touch at least by the 9 week mark as it will take time.

Just an update-my midwife appointment is now booked for early January which is the earliest they could fit me in :) i'll be under 14 weeks then.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->