deleted

I had the same issue.and even lost weight in the beginning.
at my 24 week appointment i had finally gained it,and I
knew it before i even got weighed because i could feel it.so donnt worry : ) (even though im being so hypocritical by saying that) a lot of ladies on here told me the same,that most women start gaining later on and sure enough theyre right :) my body doesnt agree with at all though.haha ive become so sore from just a few extra pounds

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I started at 216 lbs, at 14 weeks dropped down to 213 lbs (no morning sickness). At 20 weeks 218 lbs. 24 weeks 219.5 lbs. 28 weeks 225 lbs.
Even with being overweight I should have easily gained 15 lbs by now. My doctor is not concerned at all as baby is growing just fine.

I always lose 8-10 pounds in first tri, and it usually takes most of second tri for me to even get back to my starting weight. At 16 weeks, I am still about 10 pounds under my starting weight. I am somewhat overweight, though, so it's not dangerous for me. Your baby should be fine, but if you are worried you can ask if everything is measuring properly at your next appointment, and maybe ask to check growth with a scan.

I just started gaining weight at about 20 weeks. Before I was holding steady at my pre preggo weight. Don't worry you won't get out of this pregnsncy without gaining some weight :/

If you heard the hearbeat im sure he/she is fine : ) goodluck at your scan! And i hope your baby is stealing all your weight and growing healthy

I wouldn't worry as I have lost quite a few pounds in my pregnancy at 24 weeks tomorrow. My midwife and/or consultant are fine with it :)

My weight pre-pregnancy was 150 lbs. That is the average, some days higher, some lower. I gained maybe 4 lbs in first trimester, but became ill from food poisoning around 12 weeks and lost 6 lbs! My midwife wasn't concerned at my 12 week appointment, and I saw an actual doctor at 16 weeks since my MW wasn't available, so the subject didn't come up.

I am 20 weeks today, and in the last 3 days I've managed to set the scale just over the 150 lbs line, between 152-153. I am so happy but my little chart says I'm supposed to be up 10-15 lbs by now. And I eat like crazy! Anything and everything I want. :( Porkchops with mashed potatoes and gravy, home made spagetti, even huge hamburgers and fries. And it's all going to my boobs!

Should I be concerned? Do some ladies just *not* gain? My MW, although she is wonderful, would probably laugh at my worrying over weight. But as I haven't felt any movement/kicking yet, I'm worried about growth. :(

Your story fits me almost to a tee! I was 155-160 pre pregnancy. I had bad morning sickness up until about 14 weeks (lost about 3 lbs) , just put that back on and got the flu at 15 weeks, I then lost 7 lbs, and it took me another week after I got over the flu to go back to my pre pregnancy weight.
Now I am 20 weeks and still only weighing in at 158-160 depending on the day, I also eat what ever. I guess we should just consider ourselves lucky :)

I'm also still barely showing (I just look like I gained about 10 lbs of fat, but I don't have a pregnancy belly, just a gut), I had my 20 week US tho and baby is right on track! My doctor was not concerned by my lack of weight gain at all at my last appointment. I think it's just that everyone is different
I should note I have been feeling movement for about the last 5 days, not alot but usually a handful of times a day.

I think as long as you are eating well, taking prenatals, and still have some body fat, your baby is getting everything it needs.

im still under pre preg weight...as lost over a stone from morning sickness...and at 20 weeks have only put 6ish of that back on. im sure all is fine and wuldnt worry unless u were under weight to begin with.

Your story fits me almost to a tee! I was 155-160 pre pregnancy. I had bad morning sickness up until about 14 weeks (lost about 3 lbs) , just put that back on and got the flu at 15 weeks, I then lost 7 lbs, and it took me another week after I got over the flu to go back to my pre pregnancy weight.
Now I am 20 weeks and still only weighing in at 158-160 depending on the day, I also eat what ever. I guess we should just consider ourselves lucky :)

I'm also still barely showing (I just look like I gained about 10 lbs of fat, but I don't have a pregnancy belly, just a gut), I had my 20 week US tho and baby is right on track! My doctor was not concerned by my lack of weight gain at all at my last appointment. I think it's just that everyone is different
I should note I have been feeling movement for about the last 5 days, not alot but usually a handful of times a day.

I'm not showing much either. If I'm wearing my maternity pants at work, people notice, but in my jeans and a t-shirt, I just feel chubby and like flubber haha!...

I'm so ready to be full on pregnant with a giant belly!

I'm the same! I just want to look pregnant instead of "hmmm has she gained some weight?... Maybe she needs to cut back on the burgers..." Look. I'm still wearing all my pants, I haven't even looked at maternity clothes yet.

There really is no "set" weight we are supposed to gain since every single woman and every single pregnancy is different. Unless you're starving yourself, I would not worry about not gaining any weight. Your body will do what it's supposed to do!

I started at 160 and by 8 weeks was 165 but since have lost a pound and am still 164 for like the last 12 weeks...I am sure it will pour on soon enough :(... with my boys I gained the most near the end

I was 13.5 stone b4 preg lost stone and half through MS! Now at 27 else I'm just under the 13stone mark. Had a good cry last weekend thinking this isn't right but u can feel hubs and Tummy measuring ok so will just assume will slowly increase! Ur not alone!!! Xxx

I'm nornally almost underweight and all three pregnancies I have started to gain around 25 weeks and ended up with +12-18lbs. My doc didn't worry at all and my babies have been 7-9lbs. I don't think you have to worry about it:) The baby gets what it needs and as long as you are feeling well it's ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->