deleted

My lg was 8lb 1oz born and was in newborn for approx 1 mnth.

Xx

I've read that being overweight can contribute to having a larger baby, but of course genetics (and just plain luck) also come into play. And I'm not saying all overweight people will have large babies, but it's just something I read could contribute.

My mom had 7 kids; the first was about 6 1/2 lbs, and after that we each went up about half a lb to a lb (with some exceptions) until the last ones were over 10 lbs. I tend to think this is because my mom was not overweight when she was younger, but became increasingly overweight with age and each child (took her 18 years to have all of them).

I'm not tall or overweight (yet, anyway), and my husband is actually on the short side, so I'm betting on an average-sized baby that will fit NB clothes. But I'm still not buying much NB in advance right now. I mainly want a few little undershirts and sleepers for photos, so that everything is not baggy in photos (I want to remember what those little arms and legs look liked!) but I'll get mostly 0-3 month size for now.

I was 5 pounds 12 oz and 21 inches. I have no idea what size I wore when I was born. My mom said I was very tall and thin.

I have heard of this happening lots of times. I was induced at 36 weeks and had to rush out and grab preemie clothes, so we got plenty of use out of our newborn clothes. With this one, I will only get a few newborn items until we get close. If the baby is guessed to be big, I will probably not get anymore and then if needed send dh out.

I have itlease 20 items of newborn.. then 0-3 then 3-6 and 6-12.... :)

with my son I had tons of 0-3 months and had to go out and buy him newborn size clothing cuz they were swimming on him. He was 7lbs 6oz at birth. He wore the newborn for about 5-6 weeks so I will def be buying nb size stuff for this one.

Ds only wore newborn for a week luckily I only bought 2 newborn outfits

My 2nd was 9lb and he didn't fit the 0000 bonds wonder suits. But fit 0000 in other brands. I'd but more 000 things though if you think bub will be higher than 8lb. My 8lb 4oz baby for into the 0000 bonds but only for a little bit lol!
I was only small and make big babies :) I was under weight pre 1st baby and normal weight with 2nd baby. Both normal vaginal births :)

I have stuff the boys got that was newborn off people when they where born. They never got to wear them.

Coralie was in newborn for a week, but then she was 9lbs 9 1/2ozs when she was born :haha:

I agree with other posters, maybe get a small amount of newborn just in case they come a bit early or are average size. You want baby to feel snugly and secure. I had a 9lb'er and she did fit the newborn stuff for a couple of weeks. 0-3 things were pretty massive until she uncurled.

Definitely check the weights rather than months.

I bought a few newborn sleepsuits and that was it. My son was 7lbs 8oz and fitted in newborn for a week or so. To be honest he fitted in 0-3 perfectly fine straight away too. I would just buy mainly 0-3 and a few newborn bits.

If you do have a very small baby you can always get someone to nip to a shop and buy you a few extra newborn things.

I MAY buy one pack of newborn vests and sleep suits but the majority will be 0-3 months. DS went straight into 0-3 months and we wasted a LOT of newborn stuff as he was pretty much 10lb. I'm already measuring quite large so we'll see!

when i had my son all i bought was newborn and when he was born things were a tiny bit big but were still ok, when buying clothes its kind of a risk you have to take :) maybe buy a few things then get smaller ones once you know the size?

So far we've just bought a couple things in 0-3 months. It'll be interesting to find out how big our baby will be when born, Hubby is 6'5 and was born a rather average 7lbs 8oz, while I'm 5'1 and weighed a very tiny 5lbs on the dot. I was only 3 weeks early yet my dad had to dash out to get premie sized clothes which were still too big for me.

I didn't read all the posts but I also was torn about NB clothes (I was a 6lb baby and Hubby was 7lb, so neither of us were big). My original plan was to buy very little in small sizes and stick with 0-3, and 3-6 sizes. You can always run out and get a few smaller pieces if need be.

But I have to share my amazing find, I am a person who has no problem buying used, and I found a girl selling over 60 pieces of clothing all size NB, 0-3 and some 3-6 ( and I actually knew her, she is a GF of one of my Hubby's friends), all the clothing fit her little boy til he was just over 3 months, and I knew the clothes were well taken care of. It was all sleepers and onesies too, which is perfect for 40$ for it all! So I figured I couldn't pass it up, even if my baby doesn't wear all the clothes I can easily re sell them for the same price and get my money back :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->