deleted

I definitely understand. My SIL is pregnant with a little girl and they really don't have a lot of money so I told them they could have some of Zoë's old things. Clearing out those clothes was so hard for me...I mean she will never be that little again and it just makes me sad.

Like you I decided there were a few things I wouldn't give up. The first being the hospital cap they put on the newborns, our hospital made them really cute and put flowers on hers. And then the dress I brought her home from the hospital in. That dress really means a lot to me as it took us so long to get her and it was so special to get to finally buy that outfit. I just couldn't imagine any other baby in that dress, even my niece.

I'm so sentimental. I'm not sure I could give away my DS's clothes! I may have another little boy one day so I'm holding on to them for now, but just the thought makes me sad! I love his little tiny clothes! :hugs: I feel sad just packing them away in the closet, haha… they grow out of them so fast. :cry:

I haven't parted with a single item of Sophie's clothing. I can't handle it! I have sorted them into 2 piles, one to keep and one to sell but still haven't sold the selling piles.

I have a bunch of newborn clothes that Thomas wore that I have kept. Sophie re-wore a lot of them also so they are double special.

I've kept everything as we're hoping for more children. I know if we don't have any more within a few years though (It took 2 years to get pregnant this time!) I'm probably going to feel like I need to free up that space... but I have no clue how I'll manage!

I've kept everything as we're hoping for more children. I know if we don't have any more within a few years though (It took 2 years to get pregnant this time!) I'm probably going to feel like I need to free up that space... but I have no clue how I'll manage!

I silently stalk your blogs, :paper: I bet it'll come easier next time, they say after the first, it jump starts your system. :thumbup:

My sister is using a rubber container with a lid stashed in the closet. Out of sight, stacks, and keeps everything until next time.

Thanks! :flower:

Yeah I've got the same thing, but mine is under the bed. Well a big one under the bed, a small one out on a shelf to throw things as I notice they aren't fitting and a time and then I transfer them.

I would probably pass some of the things on that I don't care for as much, but I barely know anyone having boys! I guess I did just find out a girl from church is having a boy, but literally everyone else is team pink this year :wacko:

I think there must be something wrong with me. I don't even remember the outfit I brought her home in. She was in the hospital for 8 days and I was so excited to just bring her home and so overwhelmed I don't think I paid any attention to what she was wearing. I have pictures of it so I could save it but I was just planning on packing away all her newborn outfits and saving them for no2 so I wasn't going to throw anything out.

I still have all my DDs first clothes. They're in a big box and I like to get them out every now and again and look at how tiny she was. I can't imagine ever parting with them. I have kept most of her baby and toddler clothes in case we have another girl.

I kept DD baby clothes but haven't kept any of the other clothes I simply haven't got the room!

With DS he is starting to get too big for his 0-3 month clothes and he is also in number 2 nappies now :( what a horrid feeling when I started to put them on him. As for his baby clothes I'm keeping them as me and OH aren't leaving too big a gap between these two so I may be needing them again sometime soon, I have a sneaking suspicion we will be entirely blessed with boys! Lol

I've just put away the 0-3 month stuff :-( OH says he doesn't want another but I've kept everything just in case! A couple of bits I've given away but nothing from the first size pile!

I went and bought a load of vacuum storage bags so everything first size is together, 0-3 etc. takes up hardly any room now!

I wont be throwing any of lo's clothes away. Even if I dont have another girl someone else in my family will but I will keep some pieces that mean allot.
I got some of lo's newborn babygro's made into a teddy bear which is fab. I love it. It has her full name and date of birth on the foot of the bear.

Sbl-where a outs did you get the teddy done? I love that idea!

I kept everything from dd1 and dd2 is wearing it all.

When she's done I'm going to get two memory bears made (cost about £50 each for good ones) for each of the girls with my favourite clothes. I'll then sell / donate the rest except for one or two pieces in their memory boxes.

Sbl-where a outs did you get the teddy done? I love that idea!

If you check on facebook hun I'm sure you'll find someone in your area that does them.
I'm Irish so I dunno if the girl who did lo's would post.
They really are gorgeous.

Oh I had to pack away DD newborn clothes this week and I got so emotional! She is only just out of them and is still quite a small little thing but looking at her little vests and tiny baby hats really got me choked!

We are saving them all for number 2 though so into storage they will go.

think how i feel my ds NEVER fit into nb or 0-3 lol he is 14weeks n in 12-18months,

I am currently researching which charity to donate them to, be it a UK based charity, or one abroad.

I don't want to either. I put his clothes away for now but I am not ready to give them anytime soon unless I hear of someone in dire need. If I'd listen to myself, I'd turn them into a quilt but I can't quite bare the thought of cutting up good clothes that could help someone just to have a souvenir... I dunno yet so until I do, they aren't going anywhere!

My daughter is 4 on Monday and only in the last month have i got round to parting with her baby clothes!

I've kept everything they wore but it's more because I think if I don't I'll end up with another set of twin boys and I really want a girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->