• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

deleted

The guidelines are to keep sterilising milk bottles until 12m, simply because milk is an ideal breeding ground for nasty bacteria.
You don't need to sterilise their water bottles / cups etc after 6 months though.
I'm still sterilising Ruby's water bottles though, just cos I might as well since I'm running the steriliser for her milk bottles :)

I will sterilise her bottles which have milk in probably untill shes about 10/11 months.. i may wait until the 12 months...

But ive never sterilised her cup what she has juice/water out of.

I sterilised all the bottles inbetween every use until she was about 9 months I think...
And then after that I still sterilised but more every couple of days and completely stopped sterilising everything just before she was a year old.
xx

Yeah Maisie puts all sorts in her mouth too!!

I think, like jen said ill probably around 9/10 months just go to sterilising 2/3 times a week or something and just thorooughly wash them xx

I sterilised Matthews untill he was 9mths.

Ruby was untill 6/7mths.

They both fine lol x

I always sterilise the bottles for milk till 12 months coz the milk can breed bacteria but ive never sterilised the cups, spoons etc as they put all sorts in thier mouths at that age.

I'm still sterilising the milk bottles but don't bother doing her water bottle anymore.

I'll just stop once I feel comfortable to stop, I like the idea of gradually stopping though, like dropping to every other day then a couple of times a week before stopping completely.

I will keep sterilising milk bottles for as long as Freya has them, it's not just the milk that is an ideal breeding ground for bacteria, bottle teats are awful for it. Even if you just sterilise the teats under boiling water it is better than not doing them at all.

I don't sterilise cups etc though, as they have no nooks and crannies for bacteria to hide in!

I stopped sterilising a few weeks ago, like Harriet, Phoebe puts everything in her mouth so I see little point in carrying on. All her bottles are thoroughly washed after she has had a feed.

I stopped sterilising everything else ages ago, but still do the botles cos of the milk in them. I will probably keep sterilising them till she stops having them (which probably wont be long as she continually refuses them :dohh:)

I really should stop soon, Joseph is 13 months and I sterilise his bottle (he only has 1 at bedtime) and the beakers we use for milk. I stopped sterilising his bowls, spoons and water beakers at 6 months. I think I'm just a bit paranoid that my washing up isn't good enough! x

i sterilised them until they stopped using them, just through habit more than anything else, didnt see it as being a hassle so i just kept sterilising - both were off bottles at around the year mark anyhow

Im a sterlising maniac, I sterlise everything. Bottles will be sterlised for as long as he has them. Dummys till a year, juice cup probs till a year, atm I sterlise spoons and his bowls. Probs stop that at around 6 months. I just worry about germs so much xxx

I stopped sterilizing about a week ago. I use hot soapy water, and he's fine :)

I am thinking a few months i will i mean my stuff was never sterilised and im still alive i wash the bottles in super hot water and use the bottle brush and soap so im sure its good enough when i want to stop sterilising

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->