deleted

I know that my experience is quite rare, but when I had the IUD inserted, it perforated my uterus and I needed (minor) surgery to have it removed. However, that took a long time to happen because my doctor did not take me seriously. My best advice to you would be that if you experience pain/discomfort for longer than a few days after insertion, or if you feel like something just isn't right, make sure to get checked out :) I'm not saying that it's a bad idea either, as it definitely was the choice I felt was right for me at the time. There is a bit of pain upon insertion but it's not unbearable. Good luck )

I'm sure you won't have any issues at all :) I think they are supposed to be great and eliminate having to worry about remembering to take a pill which is what I am stuck doing now haha :)

I had mine inserted in October and so far I like it. I had mild cramping for two weeks and on and off bleeding for a month. I have gotten a period in November and December so far. But no extra bleeding or cramping, and my periods have been light and last just a couple days

a) is there much pain if you've already had a lil one?
Yes, it felt like a pinch and a big cramp. I wasn't crying but it was definitely uncomfortable. It was over very quick. Cramps were bad for about a day them were dull for several days. I spotted almost every day for 3 months. All of this is normal.
b) did your period stop?
no, I had light periods the 2.5 years it was in (after the spotting cleared up)
c) any other complications
No, and I became pregnant soon after removal.

I had mine inserted in theatre after my section. I like it. I am 9 months in now and the bleeding has slowed to spotting. Its nice. I prefer it to any othe birth control I have used.

Even if my periods don't stop, lighter periods would be grand! Mine are heavy and last several days. It's awful!

I am expecting the pain, took ibuprofen and have DH's hand to break just like when I delivered. ;) I got a pap last month and my god that was uncomfortable. The metal was just pressed against something I think... Anyway.

Waiting now in the Dr office. I am not envious of these pregnant women haha...

GL, you will be fine!

I had one before and it was uncomfortable rather than painful and I was able to go straight back to work. I had spotting for 6 weeks then nothing until it was removed. I have PCOS though so don't get periods as such normally. I would have gad a 2 week long bleed with a few days of flooding as well as mid cycle spotting so having no/ lighter periods really improved my quality of life.

I had my current one put in a few weeks ago and it was fine. The dr said it would be much better post baby as everything is a bit more relaxed down there. This time I had a 'period' for about a week but nothing since.

I have to have one for medical reasons but would choose it anyway for contraception. Hope all went well!

Well I just got it. Not going to lie, I screamed haha. But it was not that bad... I was just being a baby. Lol :) I did ask her to stop LOL that's when I know I'm panicking.

Fingers crossed it will have great results for me.

Told ya it hurts! But it's worth it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->