deleted

My eldest had a bed wetting problem, he was in night time pull-up until he was nearly 6 years old, it is actually a very common problem and most kids do grow out of it, but maybe you could say to you OH about having her assessed at a bed wetting clinic(enuresis clinic). We were told it isnt classed as a problem until after 7/8 years old, plus we were also told that out of every 5 children aged 6/7 1 will have a night time problem. x x

My son was potty trained day and night by 3 but around 6 years old he staarted to wet the bad.I never put him in pull-ups though,I got a cheap shower curtain and put it under his sheet for when it happened,it wasnt every night.Dont make a big deal out of it or you will make it worse.

Ive never used pull ups for any of mine,they went from size 5 nappies to underwear.

My daughter still wets the bed at 7 and wears pyjama pants/ underjams at night. We are going to tackle it this summer though but if she is not ready she isn't. It's very common and will get worse if you make a big deal out of it. Most children grow out of it, I know I did.

tahnks guys

she stays dry at her mums when she gets given gifts for it but we dont honstly have the money to buy her clothes every time she stays dry. she was pooing in them too until a few months ago

some of it is laziness if she wore it while having a bedtime story shed pee in it then and come down in the morning and do one watching tv

if she stays dry when she gets gifts it doesn't sound like she's not ready to stay dry.. maybe you could give her a reward chart and if she stays dry a certain amount of times she goes out for the day or something like that. Also you maybe should tell her to take her pull-up off as soon as she gets up, before she comes downstairs so she won't keep using it when she's awake. Hope this helps :)

If its just night times, Health professionals wont class it as a problem till she is 8 x

My daughter was still wetting the bed around 7...although she wasnt in pull-up...When I spoke to my mother about it, she told me not to worry because she would grow out of it on her own...Then i started waking her up to go to the bathroom during the night which helped...then she just stopped wetting the bed completely.

I would try waking her up during the night to go...see if that helps...don't reallly think its anything to worry about right now either way...hope this helps!

My son has gotten much better but I took him to the dr and they said said if there is no improvement in a couple of months they can give him some type of medication to help...I had taken him in and they did some testing for diabetes etc...and said that he will likely grow out of it...I am not a big med person so we opted not to go back and go that route..my son is 10 and has the odd accident at night...Dr said its his system is immature..when he needs to go it just doesnt connect to the brain fast enough to tell him to go...not to mention he is a deeeeeep sleeper...Good luck!!

My son who will be 8 on july 24 still wears them every night. It is very normal and they do grow out of it :hugs:

Hiya :)

Yea kids are all so different and they all reach the stage of being dry at night, at different ages.

I do think it's a matter of training them though rather than just putting them in pull-ups. My daughter is 5 and we have a protector under her sheet, we also wake her up for a wee at our bed time. She sometimes gets up for a wee too and is usually dry now :)

If they're in pullups it really doesn't teach them to become dry, as they don't feel it if they're wearing what is basically a nappy. They need to be able to become aware if they are starting to wee and wake up for it. That will not just happen in pullups unfortunately. It does take effort and commitment to train them but it needs to be done at some stage, and 7 years old is deffo old enough, unless there is something underlying.

Good luck!

my 3 year old has been dry at night for a while but once she had had a few dry nights in nappies i took the nappies away all together, made sure she didnt drink anything after dinner(6pm sometimes a little later) and she was fine, has hardly wet the bed unless she sleeps an insanely long time..but i would never put her back in nappies at night i have a water proof mattress protector my stepdad got from his work(hes a nurse but im sure u could get them at shops)its amazing NO water gets through at all so even if she does have a rare accident i just have to wash her sheets..maybe look into getting one of those and ditch the pullups all together if she is like u say number twoing in them as well and coming down in the morning in the nappy and weeing in it then as well..that seems a little odd to me and definatley like you said a bit of laziness..i say ditch the nappies so she has no choice and i reckon in time she will get sick of being wet and uncomfortable and stop doing it..if she keeps it up at night then i would look into going to a doctor or something for some advice..we have had a few kids come through my work(i work at a chiropractor) who had bed wetting at a similar age as your sd and they had tried everything turns out after starting care it cleared up almost completely..the main kid we saw also had a severe spinal curve..there are lots of extra things that can also affect a childs bladder control so keep that in mind as well.good luck!

^ Yep u can get the waterproof sheets in Boots and probably Mothercare etc x

ty guys. shes strted refusing to wear one and wetting it but saying she didnt so i find out a week later when she next comes to visit and we havent cleaned the bed!!!

i read the last thread you wrote about this child and it was way more complex than her simply still being in pull ups at night time

my advice is still the same - get her some help

i read the last thread you wrote about this child and it was way more complex than her simply still being in pull ups at night time

my advice is still the same - get her some help

I remember this thread too, and recall that it turned into rather a nasty thread... you had some VERY good advice last time round which you ignored and instead chose to badmouth the girl at every opportunity which prompted the involvement of a modorator to remove the thread altogether... so I fail to see why you have now chosen to restart it...

Use some of the advice you were already given. And not being funny but if you know she wets the bed, why on earth are you not checking it at some point during all the time she's not there???? She's only with you once a week!!

Hey just wanted some advice

My OHs daughter (my SD) is in pull ups at night still at 7.5 years

Just wondered how "normal" this is

I was out by the time I was at school

I dont want my little one Ruby still in them at that age really it seems a bit old to me

Shes dry all day but at night thru habit or laziness im not sure which shes still in pull ups. weve tried without but she wets the bed saying she hasnt and she was dry but its soaked so i dont know really what to do

my OH says its ok and all kids come dry in their own time

p.s
Should i put ruby in pull ups when shes old enough or skip it entirely encouraging her to wake in the night to go to the toilet?

hi my step daughter did exactly this...so it took me to get her out of pull up as tbh here mum and my oh(her dad) were looking throught rose tinted glasses...

i dont let her have any drink the hour before she is going to bed and i wake her up when i go to bed to go to the toilet....sure we have had a few accidents but 6 months on she is dry all night. She even had a sleep over the other day because she had done so well.

i'd rather get a water proof matres protector and was hollie's bedding every day that have her in pull ups. i think they get lazy and it becomes habbit.

good luck

tahnks guys

she stays dry at her mums when she gets given gifts for it but we dont honstly have the money to buy her clothes every time she stays dry. she was pooing in them too until a few months ago

some of it is laziness if she wore it while having a bedtime story shed pee in it then and come down in the morning and do one watching tv

my sd did this too. when me and oh first got togeter she was dry all day.. when i fell pregnant she started weeing and pooing in her undies during the day both at home and at ours.. last october we wear awy on holiday
SD and DH were swimming in the pool and as he kept lifing her in the air i noticed she had pooed in he swim suit...after this oh went off on one at her shouting and told her not to be a baby.....she hasn't done it since.

you may not be anble to get her gits but try saying if your dry for 6 months you can have asleep over....thats what we did

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->