Deleting my account

CLH_X3

Love my two babies!
Reaction score
If I asked for my account to be deleted will that delete all my posts ? And any threads Iv started in the past?

No it will not. Removing all of your posts would create holes in the forum. If there are particularly sensitive threads (IE journals you have started) those can be removed before your account is deactivated. If you wish to pursue this please PM me links to the threads you want removed and let me know if you want me to deactivate your membership.

If it's not possible to remove my threads, is it possible to change my username to something else so when threads come up in google searches it doesn't have this username ?

User names aren't changed.

From Google I see references to your username on other forums (parenting/health/etc). On joining BnB like those forums you a re made aware this is a public forum.

Sorry.

Hi
Sorry to hijack hthis post but I was wondering, Ide really like to change my username. It occurred to me I do have a couple of real life friends who are also members of this.forum - and after sufferinga miscarriages Im not ready for real life friends to know yet. Can you help

Your user name is not unique and does not contain your real name etc. As above usernames are not changed I'm afraid. The only information that will identify you is what you post at your own discretion. If there are people on the forum you know changing your name won't change anything, posts will still identify your previous username and your profile number/link remains the same.

I'm sorry but this seems pretty unreasonable - what problem does it cause just changing a username? Who is actually in charge of this forum? I have sent several messages to "admin"and had no reply?

Wobbles & I are the administrators of the forum. As for why we don't change usernames, the forum is massive with thousands of members, if we changed the username of everyone who requested it we would be doing nothing but name change requests. In addition, changing your username would not prevent others from finding you ie all it would take would be for them to search out a thread they know you made under this username and see that the name has been changed, it doesn't take much really.

so basically all in all you cant delete my account e.g deleting my threads and you cant even change my username so it doesnt identify as me?

I dont think giving members a limit of 1 username change ever an unreasonable request. Considering this is the first time iv requested the help of admin on this forum.

as you can see i havent used my account in a long time and as far as i can see im not even meant to go onto my own threads and delete the content if i wanted?

You are free to do edits as you wish.

And as above we can remove any sensitive threads (journals etc.) that you have made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->