depo injection

Janny Wanny

Mummy to Jared
Reaction score
hey, just wondering if anyone had been on this and how long till they come off did they get a proper period? and how long did it take to become preggy?

I was on it for a year. It took 2 and a half years for me to get any bleeding, then I bled every day for 9 months straight and then my periods evened out. I didn't get off of it to TTC though, I was just tired of getting it and wanted to switch to the pill. I'm glad I did because the depo was a nightmare! I think I was just a rare case though, most women supposedly get normal periods back within a year of coming off. I got pregnant 3 years after coming off of the depo (my little "oopsie" baby <3).

I like being on it because I have bad periods and now I don't have any :) it sounds a nightmare when u come off it! I wish I could have used the pill, but I have epilpsey and pill doesn't really work with my tabs :(

I had one depo injection back in July, didn't go for my next one in October as we changed our mind about when to TTC. My periods came back in October and I've had regular 31 day cycles since which is the exact same that I had before having DS.

Can't help with the falling pregnant part I'm afraid as we don't start TTC till May and don't chart or anything so I guess I don't actually know if I'm ovulating but everything seems to have gone back to exactly how it was before DS so I guess we'll see in May!

I have been on twice. I got my first shot in Jan 2011, and had four shots so was covered until Jan 2012, except I went straight onto the mini pill. I was pregnant within six months, despite being on the mini pill!
I went back on depo in May 2013 as there was a short period when I really couldn't be pregnant (moving house, saving to buy a house, starting my career) and I needed something fullproof. I only had one shot, so it ran out roughly in August, and I have only been regular for the last two months. I am pretty sure that I am also ovulating as I am using a fertility monitor (as contraception) and it looks as though I am heading for ovulation as we speak!

Hi I came off the depo in Nov 2011 and went onto the combined pill for a few months. Stopped this end of April 12 and was pregnant by Sep 12. Had been on depo for about 5 years beforehand hope this helps!:)

I came off it in June I think but I switched to the pill instantly to try and get regular "cycles"

I had one shot and it took about 8 months to get my period and about 2 years to get pregnant with DD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->