Depressed about weight! :(

sarajane

Mother of 1
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

This is half rant, half asking for advice so please bear with me.

My pre-pregnancy weight was roughly 10st10 and I´m 5ft7, my first appt with midwife at 13 weeks I was 11st.. I spent from that day, and throughout my whole pregnancy being shouted at by midwife that I´m too fat. ( In Spain they don´t like you to put on more than 10 kilos) I put on a total of 17 kilos/ 2.5 stone which in England I think is more or less normal??

After giving birth in March I lost 10 kilos /1st5lbs straight away, and still have another stone and a bit to go. My problem is that in the 9 weeks since giving birth I don´t seem to have lost or gained any weight at all, and when I went for my check up I got shouted at again! :cry:

It´s really getting to me, I used to be a size 10/12, and now I´ve gone up to a 16 for the first time in my life :s. I feel like I´m going to be this way forever and the comments from people here aren´t helping. It´s like they think that you should just ping back in to shape straight away otherwise you´re a bad person. The midwife even grabbed my tummy in the check up and said look Sara, this is all fat and you shouldn´t have this at your age :(

Any advice on how to lose healthily would be greatly appreciated girls. At the moment I´m breastfeeding, I´m eating healthily, only eating brown bread and rice, and have cut out potatoes and pasta, 3 meals a day with fruit snacks if i´m still hungry and I walk 2 hours a day at least.

Thanks for listening everyone, sorry it´s long!

xxx

Hi.

Ohhh dont be upset, i think thats dam right rude way you've been treated about. Your weight.

all I can suggest you do full body exercises.

Thanks for the advice, it´s a pretty normal thing in Spain, they dont like putting on any weight during pregnancy, and in the hospital after having the baby they were more concerned about my stretch marks than my stitches, they told me I should be ashamed! Agh, backwards country! :growlmad:

Oh well, thanks again. I´m hoping it eventually will go down anyway , I only had my baby 9 weeks ago! xx

All I can say is that we should not feel depress if we are gaining weight because it would really make us look ugly and stressed instead, think of good thing to do like exercise and eat healthy food.

Oh hun, that is awful the way you were treated. :hugs::hugs: I gained 45 lbs so 10 lbs more than you did and I was obese to start with before getting pregnant and none of my doctors said a word about my weight. Your LO is only 9 weeks old! You've done AMAZING to lose as much as you have already.

My advice is myfitnesspal.com. I can't recommend it enough. You can input everything you eat and it'll tell you how much you need in the day. Calories/fat/carbs etc. You can also add in the fact that you breastfeed so it gives you an extra 300-500 calories a day. We also have a milky mommy weightloss thread in this section if you want to join. It's for breastfeeding mothers that are trying to lose. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->