Depressed :(

Angel022605

5K fun
Reaction score
DH and I are driving around he says "I have a question". Me: ok. DH:Are we too old to have kids? We're gonna be 32 and we'll be 60 by the time they're grown. It seems like a lot of people have kids at a younger age. Me: No we're not too old to have kids. You make me depressed like you wanna stop trying for one. DH: No. I just don't wanna be too old to have kids. Me: Remember the nurse practioner I worked for? Well she was pregnant with her first child at 32 if that makes you feel better.....End convo......We just now decided to start trying for our first. He'll be 32 in March and I'll be 32 in July. I'm so depressed. I wanna know how many of you ladies had your first child at or after 32 and what supprt/advice can you give me? I'm looking for positive thoughts. :(

Thanks

My partner and I are both 32 and ttc#1. If I have two kids by the time I am 36 I will be 54 when the second 1 turns 18. 54 is the new 44, we will still have plenty of life left in us at middle age!

Sure, if we had a baby in our 20's we may have a little more energy and it may be easier to conceive. That would not have been the right choice for us. We are in a much better place financially than we were five years ago. I have my master's and am very established in my field and making a good salary. My partner also makes like %60 more now than he did at his job five years ago. I also don't feel "32", I still feel like I am 25.

Are you feeling depressed because you think your husband is going to back out? He's probably just having a moment of insecurity and will snap out of it.

Two of my best friends in high school had older parents. One friend her mom was 36 when she was born and dad was in his late thirties. The other friend her mom was 40 when she was born. The "older parents" were wonderful, relaxed and laid back parents because they were more mature than some of the younger parents.

Are you feeling depressed because you think your husband is going to back out? He's probably just having a moment of insecurity and will snap out of it.

My partner and I are both 32 and ttc#1. If I have two kids by the time I am 36 I will be 54 when the second 1 turns 18. 54 is the new 44, we will still have plenty of life left in us at middle age!

Sure, if we had a baby in our 20's we may have a little more energy and it may be easier to conceive. That would not have been the right choice for us. We are in a much better place financially than we were five years ago. I have my master's and am very established in my field and making a good salary. My partner also makes like %60 more now than he did at his job five years ago. I also don't feel "32", I still feel like I am 25.

Two of my best friends in high school had older parents. One friend her mom was 36 when she was born and dad was in his late thirties. The other friend her mom was 40 when she was born. The "older parents" were wonderful, relaxed and laid back parents because they were more mature than some of the younger parents.

Yes I'm depressed he might back out of it.. I sure hope he snaps out of it...thanks forthe response

My mom was 34 when she had me. My dad was 42. I'm also the oldest. My parents were the "older" ones. I think the only difference it made was that they were very nieve... So my advice is to keep up with the times!! That being said, I was not even 20 for my first and I just realized that even if I get a BFP this cycle I will be 34 by the time I deliver. Things WILL be different this time around but I only see the positive. (Excuse the pun). I feel like people having kids at our age is increasingly common. Exercise, stay active... It doesn't drain energy, it increases it. Your hubby might just be feeling overwhelmed. Maybe the lifetime commitment thing just hit him.

You're not old!!!

I'm your age and ttc #3. Sure, I've got two already but I still don't feel that I'll be an ancient parent to this third one (and my other two are quite young still). In fact, around here I'm definitely one of the younger mums still.

I think your husband is maybe just impatient for it to happen soon? Plus it's a scary thing, becoming a first time parent. It's good to think through all the "what ifs". If it wasn't age, he'd probably be worrying about money or living space or time to yourselves. All these things are important to think about and he'll be better prepared for it. Don't worry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->