Depression in late pregnancy

Suggerhoney

♡Praying for a miracle rainbow baby at 43♡
Reaction score
Hey ladies
I dont really know where to start and i just didnt have anyone else to turn to so I thought I wud write on here.

I am 30 weeks pregnant and I feel so incredibly blessed and happy to be pregnant but the last week or so I've noticed ive become very snappy and dont have alot of patience.
I just shrugged it off at first but for the past 2 days I've been feeling very emotional and very low. I keep crying.

I feel totally exhausted because it's so hard to get sleep. And I dont think that's helping the situation.

Is this normol? Is anyone else feeling this way.

I feel so alone. And so lonely.
My husband hasn't been that supportive during this pregnancy. I've tried to talk to him but he just ends up shouting at me and then I end up shouting at him and it just spirals.
My best friend has distanced herself from me because I know she isn't very happy about me having another baby and she doesnt like my husband because she feels he is to controlling and possessive.

I know alot of this cud be down to hormones. I feel so guilty and horrible because I lose my patience so easily and constantly snapping.

I feel so selfish feeling this way esp in pregnancy when in reality I shud be really happy.

Sorry about the rant I just needed to get this off my chest because all I keep doing is crying and that's not good for the baby. I wud also like to add that I am grieving over a friend that has recently passed.
I'm not trying to start a pitty party I just dont know where else to turn.
Am i alone in all of this?

Different background here, but I have been fighting depression since we found out about our surprise baby. I am a huge control freak and we weren't planning on anymore babies. Apparently the universe thought otherwise at day 33 of my cycle when I normally bleed to ya know drop an egg instead. I was very depressed the first few months. Then I was okay for awhile. Now it's starting to come back again.
I'm thankful and lucky I have an amazing husband who lets me just vent on him when ready, and I'm trying to get him to better understand when I NEED to talk since I don't like burdening others and have a tendency to not speak. It's easier for my to type than it is to speak vocally. I also put up in place two people that I closely trust to talk to if need be.

I'm sorry to hear your husband isn't as supportive this time and your friend has distanced themselves. I hope you are able to find someone, even if they are just online, to hook up with and talk to. Talking for me has helped wonders and helps with keeping depression away for me.

If you ever want to talk to me, I'm open to it. I'll talk to you, whether I have advice or not, I will listen/read what you have to say. You can message me on here or if you're in the fb group I'd be more than willing to talk that way too. (I'm on fb more than I am on this site).

My worries are more that I feel like I'm losing the freedom we where starting to have. I worry about post patrum depression again as I had that with my son and it was a long ten months that I fought on my own until I opened up to a friend. I worry about bleeding out like I almost did with my daughter. What if I die this time, what if what if what if. That's what has been getting me bummed every so often and when I start getting bitchy/snappy that's when my husband and I both know we need to have a sit down and get my thoughts said aloud.

I am down this pregnancy. I am feeling a little better lately though, but it was rough for a bit.

@Suggerhoney you are so not alone hun! I battled depression in my pregnancy, it got increasingly worse up until the end. Now that she’s here, I feel a TON better already! Hoping I stay this content tbh because I’d hate to go back to where I was at all over again :flower:

Different background here, but I have been fighting depression since we found out about our surprise baby. I am a huge control freak and we weren't planning on anymore babies. Apparently the universe thought otherwise at day 33 of my cycle when I normally bleed to ya know drop an egg instead. I was very depressed the first few months. Then I was okay for awhile. Now it's starting to come back again.
I'm thankful and lucky I have an amazing husband who lets me just vent on him when ready, and I'm trying to get him to better understand when I NEED to talk since I don't like burdening others and have a tendency to not speak. It's easier for my to type than it is to speak vocally. I also put up in place two people that I closely trust to talk to if need be.

I'm sorry to hear your husband isn't as supportive this time and your friend has distanced themselves. I hope you are able to find someone, even if they are just online, to hook up with and talk to. Talking for me has helped wonders and helps with keeping depression away for me.

If you ever want to talk to me, I'm open to it. I'll talk to you, whether I have advice or not, I will listen/read what you have to say. You can message me on here or if you're in the fb group I'd be more than willing to talk that way too. (I'm on fb more than I am on this site).

My worries are more that I feel like I'm losing the freedom we where starting to have. I worry about post patrum depression again as I had that with my son and it was a long ten months that I fought on my own until I opened up to a friend. I worry about bleeding out like I almost did with my daughter. What if I die this time, what if what if what if. That's what has been getting me bummed every so often and when I start getting bitchy/snappy that's when my husband and I both know we need to have a sit down and get my thoughts said aloud.

Awww bless you hon. And thank you so much. I'm here for you to. I am on the facebook group but dont go on there much I'm more on here.
It's so hard battling depression when pregnant esp with all the hormones. I'm not to bad today.
I have bipoler type 2 and I think I had a bipoler depressive episode. Maybe triggered by the hormones. They can come on all of a sudden and cause manic depression and paranoia.
I thought everyone was talking about me and I just wanted to shut myself away.
I do feel so much better today tho.
U can always message me any time hon. It's so good to talk to others in similar situations.

I am down this pregnancy. I am feeling a little better lately though, but it was rough for a bit.

Oh sweety it's so hard. I'm feeling alot better today. I was just saying that I think I had a bipoler depressive episode maybe brought on by the hormones.
I have bipoler type 2 disorder and these episodes do happen but I've not had one for a long time. They can come on suddenly and cause manic depressive episodes and paranoia.
But thankfully today it has lifted.
Still anxious about the upcoming birth but not feeling depressed today.
Glad ure feeling better hon. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->