Depression/stressed and ttc

Rachel89

Reaction score
Can either of the above really influence your chances of conceiving?

Lots of studies show that stress can change your hormone levels etc and therefore make it more difficult to conceive. I guess you just need to look at all the people who stop stressing and fall pregnant! Easier said than done!

Good luck in your journey xx

Rachel,

What Kezzybear said is logical and pretty much echoes my thinking.

Lots of studies show that stress can change your hormone levels etc and therefore make it more difficult to conceive. I guess you just need to look at all the people who stop stressing and fall pregnant! Easier said than done!

Good luck in your journey xx

I am a high-stress case and have struggled with depression/anxiety since my early teens. I also figure I have some hormonal issues, and that the two likely have some correlation. Hubby and I did no prevention for 5 years before we conceived our DS and we have been TTC #2 for 13 cycles now. I'm really irregular and figure all this mind/body stuff is absolutely connected.

To top it all off, struggling with TTC only adds to stress and negativity, so for those of us who have a double dose it can be extremely frustrating.

I was interested to see this topic, and think it's a good discussion and offers a meeting of minds for the stressed/depressed/anxious TTC'ers.

Baby Dust to all.:hugs:

From experience, I whole heartedly believe stress, depression, anxiety, negativity... all have an impact on fertility. Its easier said than done of course but try and relax ;) its good for you and baby. Good luck

I believe this to an extent. Poor mental health can have a negative effect on your physical health and can delay ovulation. I believe that thoughts are energy and its very important that the energy you put out in positive if you want to achieve positive results.

However, as a student midwife, I see many many women who are pregnant and have mental health issues. It's very common. I can't remember the exact source, but I'm pretty sure I read an article recently that said current evidence shows that whilst stress can affect ovulation, if you do ovulate, your chances of getting pregnant are the same as everyone else's.

I suffer from terrible anxiety and I have two children :) im tcc no3 and now im older we shall see if anxiety and age decreases my chances this time around good luck trying xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->