depression

hopeful harry

Reaction score
I have been ttc for ages now, lost count but over 6 months, coming up to a year, and I have managed it!!! Yay! but I feel completely down and depressed. Not excited at all, plus anxious about having a MC. I bleed bright red at the beginning but no MC and I was alright about it, now I have had some very slight brown discharge a little last night and this morning, stopped now and I am convinced its all over. I have had depression before and feel the same now, maybe its the hormones?? Has this happened to anyone else?

Not sure what advice to offer. Maybe schedule a check-in with your GP to help you sort it all out? :hugs:

I don't know much at all about depression but I agree with the above post, definitely arrange to see your health care professional. Good luck x

Hi ya, sorry to hear how your feeling. If it's any help I felt like this pretty much from week 6 to 11, it only lifted last week and I'm feeling like my old self again. I don't suffer from depression normally so this was very new for me. I was scared it might be antenatal depression but my doctor said that hormones in the first trimester can do this too.
I hope it lifts for you soon, and that all works out with your little bean.

Seeking advice/reassurance from gp is a good idea. Take care of yourself. :hugs:

Hi hun, firstly sorry you are feeling that way :( I have suffered depression since i had my first child at 17 and hormones in early pregnancy can play havoc with it but it does pass. Lots of women feel low in the early weeks but the hormones do settle and you get used to them so handle it better. My advice would be to see your gp. They can monitor you and help you, don't suffer alone because you don't need to. If you ever want to talk feel free to pm me anytime xx

I got a depression cloud with my first pregnancy and again with this one. It's very common to feel depressed. I would definitely speak to your midwife though.. there is a service that helps with mental health during pregnancy in my area.. your mw might refer you to one in your area. Hope you can relax soon and enjoy it.. xxx

I suffer with depression and have been really down for much of humid first trimester. I spoke to my midwife about it on Saturday and am going to make a GP appointment about going back on my anti depressants after week 12. I'd much rather be a happy mummy to be than sad all the time because it's stopping me from getting excited xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->